Post-Game Talk: March 30, 2016 @ 8PM MDT: Flames @ Ducks, Final score 1-7

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Games like this make me wish we just played a 1985 man defense. No zone. At least then you're not letting guys waltz in all alone in front of the net for every goal.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Can anyone give me a recap? :laugh;

Goal summary

1)Ferland fails to clear puck on Ducks great forecheck, Brodie leaves Perry in front of net almost as if to challenge a 50 goal scorer to beat Jonas Hiller one on one

2)Puck trickles through Hiller, Silvferberg taps into wide open net

3)Hiller played bad. Pulled 7 minutes in.

4)I actually missed this goal.

1)Shinkaruk scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monny wins a PP Faceoff, Gio shoots, Shinkaruk tips.

5)Backstrom played bad.

2)Gio scores his 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soft goal. Good goalies should have those.

6)Flames get scored on a rush goal, can't blame anybody in particular but you'd like to avoid those. Can't really remember what play caused the rush.

4)Brodie scores! Great sequence. Andersen looks like Ben Scrivens.

7)Flames go on PK, Kulak gets bullied by Kesler (**** you Ryan Kesler). Give Kesler credit he made a good power move.

8)Bennett plays some defense but Hamilton lets him down by doing I'm not sure what but they scored another goal after a puck gets past Backstrom and a guy on Hamilton's side just skates on in to tap it into an open net.

Oh and John Gibson shut us out. Only reason we scored goals was for like ten minutes Gibson got "hurt" and Frederik Andersen was awful in relief, Hiller-esque. And we hit like three posts on Gibson but as usual Honda Center wins again.

Last edited:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Silver linings: the draft lottery is in less than a month!

Whatever the opposite of a silver lining is: We have to outsuck the likes of Vancouver Toronto and Edmonton to get better odds. Seems like no matter how many games we lose, Vancouver just goes ahead and loses 9 more.

Edmonton dead last by a good margin now, anyone think the fix for the draft lottery system is just to relegate them right out of this league? I'd be fine if the Oil Kings drafted Matthews in their place.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Whatever the opposite of a silver lining is: We have to outsuck the likes of Vancouver Toronto and Edmonton to get better odds. Seems like no matter how many games we lose, Vancouver just goes ahead and loses 9 more.

Edmonton dead last by a good margin now, anyone think the fix for the draft lottery system is just to relegate them right out of this league? I'd be fine if the Oil Kings drafted Matthews in their place.

Vancouver is 1-8-1 in their L10. :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Thankfully, the Canucks play the Oilers twice and the Flames once down the stretch. Lots of opportunity there to make up ground.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Thankfully, the Canucks play the Oilers twice and the Flames once down the stretch. Lots of opportunity there to make up ground.

There is no chance we lose to Vancouver. They are an absolute dumpster fire. I bet Edmonton wins both their games against Vancouver and Vancouver goes winless to end the season, they are that atrocious right now.

Even with Hiller in net, Edmonton barely beat us (in a shootout).

If Hartley wants to continue the tank job, Ortio doesn't play for the rest of the season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Orts is going tonight.

It's sad when your best goalie option is a kid that majority of the posters on this forum wrote off when he started the season slow. Baaaa

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Orts is going tonight.

It's sad when your best goalie option is a kid that majority of the posters on this forum wrote off when he started the season slow. Baaaa

To be fair I think Ramo would be our starter had he not gotten hurt. But yea its pretty funny that Ortio's NHL numbers are much better than his AHL numbers this year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Orts is going tonight.

He never should have gotten written off. Our management really dropped the ball with our goalies this year.
I still think he will be an NHL goalie and I think he's proving that now.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
Backstrom and Hiller have sunburns on their necks

This quote made me laugh so hard, I had to post. :handclap:

I really dont understand the HC curse, normally the ducks kryptonite is the fast, highly skilled team and I cant think of anybody who exemplifies that better than Gaudreau. As a ducks fan I'm happy about it, but it really makes no sense to me.

I hope you guys get Matthews. Edmonton's won the lottery enough times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad