Marc Methot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Best shut down guy on the team. Hope w.e issues he had are behind him.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Good for Mac to finally keep philips out of the line up. Clearly hes not playing well. The difference between methot in the line up and Philips in the line up is unreal.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I don't think that Maclean hates Methot.

I think Maclean acts a lot on hunches and also on recent play. When they talk about the "best players playing", I think if Maclean thinks Gryba is playing above his regular ability, he gets rewarded with more ice-time.

If Methot regularly plays at an 8/10 and has a game at 6/10 and,
If Gryba regularly plays at an 4/10 and has a game at 5/10,

Maclean seems to reward Gryba for playing above his level.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Methot is a good player. Just needs to know when to shut his mouth

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Methot is a good player. Just needs to know when to shut his mouth

his mouth shoudln't effect if he plays, it should be his play on the ice, hes a player Maclean should worry about keeping happy rather than keeping disciplined the best player who can play defence on our whole roster.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don't think that Maclean hates Methot.

I think Maclean acts a lot on hunches and also on recent play. When they talk about the "best players playing", I think if Maclean thinks Gryba is playing above his regular ability, he gets rewarded with more ice-time.

If Methot regularly plays at an 8/10 and has a game at 6/10 and,
If Gryba regularly plays at an 4/10 and has a game at 5/10,

Maclean seems to reward Gryba for playing above his level.

False. It took an injury for Phillips to be out of the lineup.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I think Phillips could play if he wanted to. Saying he's nursing an injury is Macleans way of not embarrassing his vet. He's a healthy scratch IMO. Phillips is tough as nails and hardly ever misses games. He wouldn't declare himself unable to play because of "something nagging"

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
It is not our position to question PMac's methods for running the team. There are a lot of things that go on behind closed doors that we don't see or hear. He had his reasons and that's all there is to it.

SenatorArmy*

It would make sense if Phillips had an injury. He hasn't been playing all that great & he's getting older. I'd like to think that Phillips is a better player than we've seen recently.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I think Phillips could play if he wanted to. Saying he's nursing an injury is Macleans way of not embarrassing his vet. He's a healthy scratch IMO. Phillips is tough as nails and hardly ever misses games. He wouldn't declare himself unable to play because of "something nagging"

I hope he would. Something nagging increases the risk of a more serious injury by a huge factor. Better to sit out 2 games than to play and then have to miss 5 or more.

An athlete at Phillips age needs to be smart about his injuries, especially with what could be his final pro contract coming up.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
It is not our position to question PMac's methods for running the team. There are a lot of things that go on behind closed doors that we don't see or hear. He had his reasons and that's all there is to it.

This needs to be said and realized more often. We just don't know.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Well, he is 35. Add in all the bumps, bruises, wear and tear from playing in the league for 15 seasons, and, well...it adds up.

As for Methot, he's exactly what we need. Solid in his own end and can pinch in offensively (and keep plays alive) when the opportunity presents itself.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Is it a coincidence that his best games have come after the healthy scratch debacle of super epic proportions? Maybe the coach knows what he is doing... just a little bit, or maybe he stumbled his way to this one too.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
his mouth shoudln't effect if he plays, it should be his play on the ice, hes a player Maclean should worry about keeping happy rather than keeping disciplined the best player who can play defence on our whole roster.

Maclean's job isn't to keep players "happy" it's to keep players PRODUCTIVE. No one liked Scotty Bowman, not a single player. And yet they'd run through brick walls for him because he instilled a culture of winning.

This year, Maclean is cleaning up the culture of the team. Complacency isn't tolerated anymore. Alfredsson and Daugavins spoke about this and I'm glad that Maclean and Murray are taking steps to work on it.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Methods emotions got the best of him and he said what was on his mind to the media. EVERY PLAYER thinks the same thing and just wants to play when they feel healthy enough, they just keep it to themselves. If I'm the coach and the team is winning why not keep the lineup the same? Plus it gives a player coming off of injury extra time to heal and practice. There is no Methot hate, it's a non story, and he's now kicking ass and chew bubblegum out there, and he's all out of bubblegum :yo:

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Mark "the natural" Methot was pretty good for his first broadcast. A future job in the media awaits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad