Proposal: Marc-Edouard Vlasic to Habs at the Draft

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
San Jose rightfully says no, but at the same time Weber could benefit more from a Sergachev beside him than a Vlasic I think

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The only way is see San jose giving up vlasic is if they decide to rebuild because a big chunk of their core retires (i don't see this happening for a few years). And if that were the case I'd rather go after my hometown chewbacca burns.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The only way is see San jose giving up vlasic is if they decide to rebuild because a big chunk of their core retires (i don't see this happening for a few years). And if that were the case I'd rather go after my hometown chewbacca burns.

Is he definitely from Barrie? I've seen him listed as being from both Barrie and Ajax

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just take JDLR and the 4th out of the deal. Sharks might have to take some salary on for it to work.

It's not a bad deal, as things go. Both sides would complain.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I personally think you would need a lot more to pry a top pair defensemen from San Jose, especially one who's one of the best pure defensive defencemen in the game.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Just curious but how many of these "Habs pay little for actual talent" threads are you planning on creating?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah - no where near enough to move him. Starts with Galchenyuk and then throw one of your top prospects and a 1st or 2nd pick in for seasoning.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Horrible for Sharks. If he was even available, they are going to want an equal value player in return. You don't liquidate defensemen like that for magic beans.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Value is low, I think adding Beaulieu would make it more fair. The thing about Vlasic is that his contact is finished next year so shark could possibly lose him. Vlasic is from Montreal, his wife is a french canadian, they have a house in Quebec. Vlasic may be tempted to come closer to his family.

So

Sergachev, Beaulieu, 1st 2018 for Vlasic plus maybe a prospect would be fair IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad