Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In the NHL your signing age is the age you are on September 15th of the Calender year you sign.

He is currently 21, turns 22 in July.

He will be 22 on September 15th, 2024, thus he has a 2 year ELC.
I thought it was the "league year" but guess I was wrong on that one.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Shortest #playerwatch ever, hope he can play some games asap, really interested to see how Hynes uses him given his similarities to Rossi and Hynes and Guerin hate Rossi

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
In the NHL your signing age is the age you are on September 15th of the Calender year you sign.

He is currently 21, turns 22 in July.

He will be 22 on September 15th, 2024, thus he has a 2 year ELC.
Seems like a bit of a loophole since he’ll be burning a year of his ELC. Pretty much makes it a 1-year ELC

Reactions: AKL

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I thought it was the "league year" but guess I was wrong on that one.

Ya, it's weird. Most contract related things are league year, but this one is Calendar. I assume to align with draft year eligibility.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Seems like a bit of a loophole since he’ll be burning a year of his ELC. Pretty much makes it a 1-year ELC

Management must be confident in his ability to jump into a middle six/2C role pretty much immediately, and still have room to improve from there. Otherwise this type of concession to Khusnutdinov doesn't seem in line with some of his other moves. I wonder if Khusnutdinov would be part of the reason they would try to trade Rossi, if they do.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ya, it's weird. Most contract related things are league year, but this one is Calendar. I assume to align with draft year eligibility.
Yup, found confirmation...

The length of the Entry Level contract is outlined in the CBA Section 9.1b:
Signing Age* Years of ELC
18-21 3 Years
22-23 2 Years
24 1 Year
25+ No Limit & Not-Entry Level if drafted from North America
25-27** 1 Year if drafted from Europe

*Signing Age is age on September 15 of calendar year in which first contract is signed, regardless of actual age when contract signed.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Marat's got nothing on Nate Prosser. He had same situation where if it was a league year it would have been 2 year ELC, but because it was Calendar year it was 1 year ELC

He signed his 1 year ELC on March 18th, that ended on June 30th.

Played 3 games on his ELC.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Spurgeon and TaLoN

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Marat's got nothing on Nate Prosser. He had same situation where if it was a league year it would have been 2 year ELC, but because it was Calendar year it was 1 year ELC

He signed his 1 year ELC on March 18th, that ended on June 30th.

Played 3 games on his ELC.
And boy oh boy did that next contract break the bank lol

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Management must be confident in his ability to jump into a middle six/2C role pretty much immediately, and still have room to improve from there. Otherwise this type of concession to Khusnutdinov doesn't seem in line with some of his other moves. I wonder if Khusnutdinov would be part of the reason they would try to trade Rossi, if they do.
It’s a bit unfortunate because he’ll now be one of the RFAs we need to sign for the 25-26 season. Although they’ll still have plenty of cash.

Moving Rossi still makes absolutely no sense to me. First time in franchise history where we might actually have depth at center & Guerin wants to immediately put an end to that. Hopefully Russo is just talking out of his ass with that idea.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Remember, even Gretzky was traded.

Everyone is available, for the right price.

Y’all need to settle the f*** down.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Moving Rossi still makes absolutely no sense to me. First time in franchise history where we might actually have depth at center & Guerin wants to immediately put an end to that. Hopefully Russo is just talking out of his ass with that idea.
Not sure who's available but I imagine he'd be targeting a bigger, grittier guy with less offensive upside. Something he and Hynes like to have.

Does Rossi for Lundell have something to it? I heard Lundell could be moved too.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Sorry for having a discussion
But it’s not a discussion. Y’all are doing Chicken Little.

“They’re going to trade Rossi”
“They hate Rossi”

There’s no evidence to support either. The article says Rossi COULD BE traded. I have news, almost anybody COULD BE traded.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
But it’s not a discussion. Y’all are doing Chicken Little.

“They’re going to trade Rossi”
“They hate Rossi”

There’s no evidence to support either. The article says Rossi COULD BE traded. I have news, almost anybody COULD BE traded.
And you’re trying to shut down discussion, as usual. If you don’t want people to give their opinions on something Russo wrote, then you’re in the wrong place.

Russo wouldn’t just throw that out there if it isn’t something that could possibly happen this offseason. Giving an opinion on why that would be a bad move is completely warranted.

Reactions: AKL

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
prob on iowas 3rd line
I think the chain is:
4th line - a couple of shifts. Then pressbox so he could "learn the system"
Then a full game on 4th.
Then benched again because he didn't backcheck.
Then 3rd line - repeat.
Then in 4 years maybe 4th line on the big club for 4 more years

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
And you’re trying to shut down discussion, as usual. If you don’t want people to give their opinions on something Russo wrote, then you’re in the wrong place.

Russo wouldn’t just throw that out there if it isn’t something that could possibly happen this offseason. Giving an opinion on why that would be a bad move is completely warranted.
Hey, aren’t you doing the same to me? Trying to shut down my discussion? So get off your high horse. I’m telling people not to panic.

And nobody gave a reason why it would be a bad move with the exception of you regarding center depth. What if he’s used to get a better center though?
Again, it’s been mostly Chicken Little reactions.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Outside of the 1st line and Rossi and considering some of the extensions this team just isnt easy to get excited for but hearing this news brings some excitement.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, he'll report to the big team, will practice with them for a while, but will probably see limited minutes at best this year? Next year he has a chance, like everyone, to make the team out of camp, but can be sent down to Iowa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad