Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled defenceman Petter Granberg from the Toronto Marlies (AHL)

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=752860

granbergblogfeb3.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Wednesday that the club has recalled defenceman Petter Granberg from the Toronto Marlies (AHL).

Granberg, 22, has been held pointless in three regular season games with the Maple Leafs this season. The Gallivare, Sweden native has played 29 regular season games with the Toronto Marlies, collecting seven points (one goal, six assists) and 18 penalty minutes.

The Maple Leafs travel to New York tomorrow night for a 7 p.m. game against the New York Islanders.

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Good stuff, I like the effort level and physicality of this kid. Sometimes he over commits to a hit/play, but at least he tries to put people through the boards.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Probably just in case Franson has to sit out the game against the Islanders with his minor injury.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Franson should probably sit out a game. I don't know how playing through injury helps his trade value

Gloob

Nov 14, 2009
This can only mean Franson for Tavares straight up trade. That's all it can mean.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
Pleeease mean that they are going to sit Franson until he is 100%. I am so terrified that either he, Santorelli or Winnik are going to go down with a serious injury and we won't be able to trade them.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm speculating, but maybe a D gets moved!

No chance! Shanahan, and the other clowns in the front office, are too busy telling jokes, laughing, and snickering like little girls!

Tim Murray and Kevin Cheveldayoff can get things done, but, our management group can't even make a trade for a solid 7th round pick!

Just ridiculous!

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
No chance! Shanahan, and the other clowns in the front office, are too busy telling jokes, laughing, and snickering like little girls!

Tim Murray and Kevin Cheveldayoff can get things done, but, our management group can't even make a trade for a solid 7th round pick!

Just ridiculous!

What did Tim Murray do? Get fleeced in the long term? :laugh:

Blinkme

Feb 11, 2015
Toronto
Play the kids

Now would be a great chance to give loov, brown , Nilsson etc some ice time and break them in a bit. I know they said they didn't want to rush them but a few games wouldn't hurt their development. I mean, they couldn't play worse than the regulars. That way we could see who's worth keeping.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If Franson, Winnik, or Santa were to get injured the Leafs would lose a valuable trade piece.
Lets trade now even if it is for a bit less and start the tank. With these guys off the roster there is no question the team could almost run the table losing out.
I am not willing to wait and gamble. We just lost Lupul again to injury.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If Franson, Winnik, or Santa were to get injured the Leafs would lose a valuable trade piece.
Lets trade now even if it is for a bit less and start the tank. With these guys off the roster there is no question the team could almost run the table losing out.
I am not willing to wait and gamble. We just lost Lupul again to injury.

Their the Leafs what else would you expect.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I like Granberg, reminds me of a young Aki Berg.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Pleeease mean that they are going to sit Franson until he is 100%. I am so terrified that either he, Santorelli or Winnik are going to go down with a serious injury and we won't be able to trade them.

So am I. Its so scary because thats something that totally would happen to the Leafs.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Josh Leivo was added to the Leafs roster with Granberg today.

Who knows, but we could hear of his call up tomorrow morning with Lupul's injury

(Although, should be noted, Smith was removed, so it very likely could be nothing)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I was thinking he's got a little more Andy Wozniewski in his game.

Maybe... Jonas Frogren.

Really? He looks like he'll be a solid bottom pairing Defenseman.
I haven't seen any resemblance to Wozniewski.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00