Blue Jays Discussion: Manoah gets the Halladay treatment (optioned to rookie-ball to try and fix him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
In the conversation for sure but i wouldn't expect him to win it. Ohtani likely has the MVP on lock until he decides he's bored of winning it. Ace level pitching stats + an OPS+ of 145 is kinda hard to argue against.

Top 3 right now would probably be him, Bo and Judge since he's doing that thing where he drags the Yankees to relevance again before he got hurt.

Unless the Angels secure a playoff spot I have a hard time seeing Ohtani win it at his current pace. I accidentally omitted him as he's for sure in the race but I think he's currently behind the other four I mentioned.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
In the conversation for sure but i wouldn't expect him to win it. Ohtani likely has the MVP on lock until he decides he's bored of winning it. Ace level pitching stats + an OPS+ of 145 is kinda hard to argue against.

Top 3 right now would probably be him, Bo and Judge since he's doing that thing where he drags the Yankees to relevance again before he got hurt.
He's having a worse season than last year, and he didn't win it last year. Not that there's a standout to the extent of 2022 Judge right now or anything, but when Ohtani won he led the league in bWAR.

Right now it's Franco, Bo, Semien, and Ohtani, with Judge probably just outside (at least in part because of time missed, and he's currently out of the lineup until at least next week).

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
After the way the year started for Bo, I love that none of the defensive metrics have him as a negative. OAA has him as average, DRS is a +2, and UZR is +3.5. He's played really strong defense for close to two months now, and it's been a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: kb and Eyedea

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's having a worse season than last year, and he didn't win it last year. Not that there's a standout to the extent of 2022 Judge right now or anything, but when Ohtani won he led the league in bWAR.

Right now it's Franco, Bo, Semien, and Ohtani, with Judge probably just outside (at least in part because of time missed, and he's currently out of the lineup until at least next week).
He didn't win it last year because it took Judge having a literal record breaking season to stop him.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

Bass needs a PR team to save him asap lol

That's strike 3. He needs to be gone.

Whether you agree with what he said or not, you cannot alienate your employers' customers (and potentially cause harm to them) and continue to double down.

We all know what Bass's beliefs are, so qualifying his statement undermines anything else he said.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He didn't win it last year because it took Judge having a literal record breaking season to stop him.
Right, that's why I added the part about there not being such a standout this year. I just don't think we can say he has it "on lock" when he's only won it once so far.

Did he win it because of how amazing and unique it was to see him do this, or did he win it because he was legitimately the best player in the league by both bWAR and fWAR that year (by at least 1.5 WAR over second place in both)?

If it was the former, he's probably easily the frontrunner and you're probably right. I think it was the latter, though, in which case he's just in the conversation with a few others.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
That's strike 3. He needs to be gone.

Whether you agree with what he said or not, you cannot alienate your employers' customers (and potentially cause harm to them) and continue to double down.

We all know what Bass's beliefs are, so qualifying his statement undermines anything else he said.
What is strike 3? He met with the head of the price committee, acknowledged what he may have done wrong and apologized for it and said he’s changed as a result. Somehow that’s strike 3? Get over yourself. He doesn’t like something and expressed it. The bud light/target thing is not ok with a lot of people. They are allowed to feel that way. That’s what a free society is. He doesn’t believe if your beliefs so he “must go”.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Alright. This is now the 3rd time that the Bass debate has devolved into political arguing, which I recognize I was guilty of condoning and participating in one of those times. However each time the fight has ended with a declaration that it had to stop. And each time it ends up continuing.

It's done now. I'm starting a fresh thread since we're over 1k posts and there will be no more political discussion of the Bass incident beyond that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad