Manitoba Moose 2.0: AHL in Winnipeg 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I think the demand will be pretty strong. Moosehockey.com isn't even loading for me right now.

Are you thinking 'consistent sellout' strong?

I'd be happy as anything to see that but my gut is predicting 'solid' demand with good game day availability. Bomber-like demand.

m.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Very disappointed with the name "Manitoba Moose". Pretty weak name, should of given them a new name not the old retred name of Moose.

Pretty lame imo

They seriously considered calling the NHL team the Moose. TN has a strong attachment to the brand that they built here for those 15 IHL/AHL years. I'm not surprised. I do like novelty though, so I'm a little disappointed they didn't try something completely different.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I would have liked to see the logo and uniforms tweaked more. I'm happy they kept the Jets colour scheme, but I think the Moose should have their own striping pattern. Also, I agree with others that the logo looks a little too shoe-horned in on those jerseys.

The logo recolouring isn't bad, but it doesn't pop as much in the new colours as it used to in Brown, black and green. I would have liked them to simplify the moose logo, similar to how the Predators simplified their logo:

old_new_logo.JPG

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I know some of the guys on the radio were hoping for a different color scheme than the Jets, but I like having the two uniforms with similar design. It's just one more reminder that these two teams are part of the same organization, and how the desire of the org is to have their players start on the Moose.

Having similar colors, especially gloves, pants and helmets makes sense logistically.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I think the Moose will draw very good crowds. I personally couldn't get into the Moose when they were the Canucks' farm team. But this is very different :handclap: I plan on taking in a number of games next season to see the prospects develop.

Exactly.

I will be very much into the Moose. I could never really get into the Moose 1.0 teams, since I knew the top players would eventually be headed to Vancouver to play for the Canucks.

The prices are very affordable ($15-25), and I cannot wait to see all our young guns.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Have to admit it's pretty exciting having an NHL team and it's prospects on the farm club in the same city.

This is a privilege as a fan, and I hope we can see it ride for a long time.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Would have preferred they went with the Jets colours but found a new name and logo that was more fitting for it. The blue-ish moose doesn't really work for me, but I guess it's not the end of the world.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Exactly.

I will be very much into the Moose. I could never really get into the Moose 1.0 teams, since I knew the top players would eventually be headed to Vancouver to play for the Canucks.

The prices are very affordable ($15-25), and I cannot wait to see all our young guns.

I agree. Hopefully we will see some games on TV or streaming some where.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
They seriously considered calling the NHL team the Moose. TN has a strong attachment to the brand that they built here for those 15 IHL/AHL years. I'm not surprised. I do like novelty though, so I'm a little disappointed they didn't try something completely different.

Feels like taking an old GF back or kissing your sister or going back to an old job after you left.

Like a cat you can't get rid of. Lame but whatever don't really care, will never go to a single game. But I understand some who can't afford Jets tickets or couldn't get any ST's liking it.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I have never had one either.... Does an 11 game mini pack give you 1 seat for 11 games or 11 vouchers for seats???

You buy a mini-pack and then select the type of pack you want. In the old moose days there were 4 mini pack options (weekend games or a mix of the two). The seats assigned were potentially different for different games during the season.

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
I'm emotionally torn. I could never bring myself to go to Moose 1.0 games as I wished for the Jets to return. In hindsight I'm glad I never did because I love the Jets.

Moose 2.0 sounds interesting, if only to see our young prospects. It might make getting sent down to the AHL awkward though lol.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
LOLed when I saw the jerseys. It's nice though that TNSE is involving junior-high home-ec students in their uniforms.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I have never had one either.... Does an 11 game mini pack give you 1 seat for 11 games or 11 vouchers for seats???

Not sure how it worked with the moos, but I had a mini pack for the Raptors a number of years there were several game packs to choose from and you had the same seats for those games. Obviously they need to wait for the schedule to make up the packs.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Just got an email

Dear xxx,

True North Sports & Entertainment Limited announced today that its American Hockey League franchise will be called the Manitoba Moose and unveiled the team's logos as well as the home and away jerseys for the 2015-16 season. The team's new logos feature some slight improvements and modifications, but are based on those used by the Manitoba Moose franchise that previously played in Winnipeg for 15 years between 1996 and 2011 in both the IHL and AHL.

In March, True North had announced its plans to relocate the AHL affiliate of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club from St. John’s, NL to Winnipeg for the beginning of the 2015-16 hockey season. The Moose will play their home games at MTS Centre.

The American Hockey League remains the top developmental hockey league in the world, with more than 88% of current National Hockey League players having developed their skills in the AHL. The Manitoba Moose/St. John’s IceCaps franchise has an extensive history of developing players through their AHL team. The list of former Moose and IceCaps who now play in the National Hockey League includes players such as Michael Hutchinson, Adam Lowry, Alexandre Burrows, Alexander Edler, Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack, and Kevin Bieksa, to name a few.

As a valued Winnipeg Jets Season Seat Holder, you will automatically have priority access to acquire Manitoba Moose Season Seats and Mini-Packs during our AHL pre-sale campaign.

Your Account will be activated on Wednesday, May 6th at 10:00am. At this time you will be able to purchase season seats or place a deposit toward an 11, 20 or 29 game mini-pack.

We encourage you to visit the new Manitoba Moose website at www.moosehockey.com. There you will find comprehensive information; Seating Maps, Price Categories, Season Seat and Mini-Pack pricing, Convenient Payment Options and Seat Holder Benefits.

We are thrilled to have the opportunity to bring the American Hockey League back to Winnipeg. It is with great anticipation that we look forward to showcasing the future Winnipeg Jets in an AHL environment, right here in Winnipeg.

Regards,

Norva Riddell
Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing

Funny they didn't mention Kesler as a notable former Moose player :laugh:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I can't escape the feeling that this was in the cards from year one. if the Jets were ever a cap team, this is a huge advantage compared to before.

I also wonder if an echl team is in the future. Not here of course.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Never had a mini pack before. Do you get to pick the games you want?
When the team played at the Arena you picked the games you wanted. When they went to the MTS Centre there were 4 packages. However if you called your ticket rep they would switch games for you but not for a premium game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad