Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Lolverpool

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
wait is that real or a prediction??

„Ich möchte ausdrücklich betonen, dass das keine Absage an den FC Bayern ist, sondern eine Entscheidung für meine Mannschaft und unsere gemeinsamen Ziele. Unsere volle Konzentration gilt der Europameisterschaft. Wir werden alles unternehmen, um dort so weit wie möglich zu kommen!“, erklärte der 65-Jährige am Donnerstag seine Entscheidung. Er sei „mit vollem Herzen österreichischer Teamchef. Diese Aufgabe macht mir unglaublich viel Freude und ich bin fest entschlossen, unseren eingeschlagenen Weg erfolgreich weiterzugehen.“

Here's an English link:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wow, so sad and so great at the same time :laugh:
Yeah. I actually think that a Favre or Flick could be perfectly fine for them, but I can not stop laughing at the chaos since Kahn & Brazzo got handed the reins. Eberl will get them back on track sooner or later, but for now, I will just enjoy the drama at FC Hollywood :laugh:

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know, getting the unsettling feeling that this is just not a great manager crop this offseason

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You know, getting the unsettling feeling that this is just not a great manager crop this offseason

LFC & FCB are also jobs that come with some real downsides right now...but Favre's an excellent coach, if they end up with him they'll be just as good as if they had landed RR.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC & FCB are also jobs that come with some real downsides right now...but Favre's an excellent coach, if they end up with him they'll be just as good as if they had landed RR.
Honestly I think Barca was just like “hey Xavi, please give us one more year so we can go for Klopp in 2025.

There isn’t really an outstanding candidate with many staying in their current positions.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm a little surprised someone isn't looking harder at Sebastian Hoeneß.

edit: Note, I say that not wanting to see him go, knowing he did an extension. BUT, he's one of the better options out there.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I mean... not wanting to buy him out and blow it up is likely the reason.
The only cheap way is for ETH to quit himself and seems he'd only do that if he felt the new leadership wouldn't give him the support the old one didn't and that scenario seems unlikely. Likewise the "blowing up the squad" isn't realistic given the lack of FFP room.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
"INEOS believe that United's executive team above Ten Hag did not provide him with the greatest chance to succeed."

OK sure that's true because the United executive structure is hilariously incompetent....but also he deserves a ton of blame for the tire fire he's put on the pitch and the awful players he's spearheaded acquiring.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm a little surprised someone isn't looking harder at Sebastian Hoeneß.

edit: Note, I say that not wanting to see him go, knowing he did an extension. BUT, he's one of the better options out there.
Everyone is just trying to stay this summer

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
"INEOS believe that United's executive team above Ten Hag did not provide him with the greatest chance to succeed."

OK sure that's true because the United executive structure is hilariously incompetent....but also he deserves a ton of blame for the tire fire he's put on the pitch and the awful players he's spearheaded acquiring.
He's also managed to fall out with half the team.

Reactions: hatterson

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The only cheap way is for ETH to quit himself and seems he'd only do that if he felt the new leadership wouldn't give him the support the old one didn't and that scenario seems unlikely. Likewise the "blowing up the squad" isn't realistic given the lack of FFP room.

I don't know about you, but I don't think ANY sane person is leaving a ton of money on the table. He also likely thinks he can succeed sure.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Sancho vs Antony is one that stick out for me.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
wake up babe new conspiracy just dropped
not a conspiracy just speculation

i think it's definitely true that barca looked at the managerial market and thought "eh we can't upgrade this year"

did see reported today that they more than anything just want a return of Luis Enrique

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: