Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The Astros win a nail-biter. I don't know why they get the afternoon game tomorrow before the NLCS even starts, but oh well.

Keuchel painted a masterpiece, but I'm still not sold on their pitching beyond he and Verlander (would love to be wrong, though). Altuve's post-season average is over .500. Obviously unsustainable, but still impressive.

As always, the post game show with A-Rod, Papi, Hernandez, and Thomas was great. Their breakdown of Bird's lackadaisical base-running when he got thrown out at home was very good.

The schedule for the AL has been very bad this postseason so far imo.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
We may have won the division but the yankees are a better team. Their pitchers have actually competed and shut down the Astros for two games now.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They are winners and can bring the magic here

I would like to see Ralph Houk come back it would be an amazing story

The Major was a good man - when he went after an umpire it was epic.

ralphhouk.jpg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Big win for the Astros, and AJ Hinch knew his best chance was leaving Verlander in as long as possible. Of course I hope for the best, but pitching after Keuchel and Verlander may ultimately be the team's downfall.

Pedro Martinez had some great comments after the Dodgers/Cubs game regarding the out at the plate that was overturned due to catcher's interference. He said while it's good to get the calls right, it does rob fans of emotion; something I've felt about the reviews in hockey.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
EDIT: BruinsFanMike82 beat me to it. I heard there is a way to manually delete your own posts. Does anyone know how?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Hopefully the sox are as good a wild card team next year as the yankees have been this year. Doubtful though. The yankees apparently have starting pitchers who can perform in playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad