Man City grows not only youth players to stars, but grow managers as well

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Man City, what comes first to your mind? arab billions? some would call us with vile names as (financial) cheaters and such but.
not many realize that Man City has grown many stars from their youth program and also, managers.

Mikel Arteta was years as Pep's second in command at City, now he is doing great job as Arsenal's manager.
Enzo Maresca, another long time Pep assistant for City, now Championship side Leicester manager, creating his own marks
for football, Leicester are currently leading the Championship (leading 2-1 todays match vs WBA).
Vinny Kompany, City legend, one of the greatest ever central defenders, he started from the City youth's and now is Burnley manager
in the Premier league.

And that's only the top 3.

Its super impressive how well City has done, when you look at how much they have lost, they just find ways to win.
- its not only assistant managers/coaches, its sports directors and such as well

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kompany started in the Manchester City youth? The f***... He was at Anderlecht and Hamburger SV before Manchester City bought him at 22 as an established player.

What a strange thread.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Kompany started in the Manchester City youth? The f***... He was at Anderlecht and Hamburger SV before Manchester City bought him at 22 as an established player.

What a strange thread.
Honestly this guy is one of my favorite posters on the board. His threads are always hilarious and he talks about City with absolutely zero sense of irony.

"Some would say that City have repeatedly financially cheated over the course of many years but look at all they've accomplished due to it." Great argument.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Honestly this guy is one of my favorite posters on the board. His threads are always hilarious and he talks about City with absolutely zero sense of irony.

"Some would say that City have repeatedly financially cheated over the course of many years but look at all they've accomplished due to it." Great argument.
He's the "Bruno" of the Finnish posters here. Not Fernandes but the one from the song.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Put me in the camp who thinks they're obvious cheaters but I also don't feel particularly bad for any other big clubs. They're either also involved in shady shit (i.e. Chelsea, etc.) or/and still have enough money to compete (let alone against no top 6 clubs) and win titles. City is clearly better run as a footballing unit than the rest.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Arteta (Arsenal), Iraola (Bournemouth) & Xabi Alonso (Leverkusen) were all produced by Antiguoko. A better trio than City's and with a few thousand euros rather than a few billion.

image21.jpeg

Reactions: JPBolts

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Put me in the camp who thinks they're obvious cheaters but I also don't feel particularly bad for any other big clubs. They're either also involved in shady shit (i.e. Chelsea, etc.) or/and still have enough money to compete (let alone against no top 6 clubs) and win titles. City is clearly better run as a footballing unit than the rest.
Yeah, I'm not shedding too many tears for teams that have outspent everyone for years now being one-upped in that regard. You chase the money as a league and eventually you're going to get to this level of excess. I more hate the trend they've set in buying up other clubs and the effect that's having on other leagues as a result. Great that Girona is doing well, but for every one of those you have probably multiple Strasbourgs.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad