Dreger: Malkin will test the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’d give him 5.5 x 7 if I were the leafs. Malkin-Tavares-Mathews down the middle would be the best centre depth in history of course Kerfoot and Holl would need to go for this to happen.

• Wow
Reactions: TheStatican

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, when will people stop listing to that stupid “lack of insider or insight” Penguins beat ‘writer’ (because he doesn’t deseve the title of ‘reporter’) Rob Rossi?

Not only did he say the Penguins only offered Malkin 3 years and never offered 4 years, he still hasn’t made a correction (like respectable reporters do), and yet he still gets relief on and quoted by people as some legit news source. Yes, I’m specifically taking about YOU @ Darren Dreger, when you said yesterday on That’s Hockey that the Penguins had NOT offered a 4th year to Malkin and credited Rob Rossi as your “source”.

Are people ever going to learn their lessons about this clown??

Thanks to Burkie for both clearing this up and making Rossi look like the fool that he is in the process.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, when will people stop listing to that stupid “lack of insider or insight” Penguins beat ‘writer’ (because he doesn’t deseve the title of ‘reporter’) Rob Rossi?

Not only did he say the Penguins only offered Malkin 3 years and never offered 4 years, he still hasn’t made a correction (like respectable reporters do), and yet he still gets relief on and quoted by people as some legit news source. Yes, I’m specifically taking about YOU @ Darren Dreger, when you said yesterday on That’s Hockey that the Penguins had NOT offered a 4th year to Malkin and credited Rob Rossi as your “source”.

Are people ever going to learn their lessons about this clown??

Thanks to Burkie for both clearing this up and making Rossi look like the fool that he is in the process.

I have no clue what happened in negotiations. I feel about the same as you about Rossi. But is there even the slightest chance Burke said that to cover his own ass from backlash. Even if he is seen as a tell it like is man?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Yup, but that’s precisely the problem: “one of” the best players of all time, but not “one of the top 100” players of all time.

That’s why he’s not getting paid.
It's completely ridiculous to think he's not a top 100 player of all time. #57 in total points, #16 in P/GP. #14 in Playoff points. #37 in P/GP in playoffs. 3 cups, Conn Smythe, Calder, 2s Art Ross, Hart. In what world is he not a top 100 player of all time. Who are you putting above him?

HOH alone had him at #52 Here

Are you putting him below MSL? Kane? Thornton? Fedorov?

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Just not the Caps. They would actually be really good with Geno and could possibly even win the Cup.

Not sure why some are saying the Flyers, they are an awful organization and are going nowhere anytime soon. Geno knows that so can't imagine him signing there.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's completely ridiculous to think he's not a top 100 player of all time. #57 in total points, #16 in P/GP. #14 in Playoff points. #37 in P/GP in playoffs. 3 cups, Conn Smythe, Calder, 2s Art Ross, Hart. In what world is he not a top 100 player of all time. Who are you putting above him?

He probably has a better case for being a top 10 player of all time than not being a top 100 player.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014

• Haha
Reactions: jmelm

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Frankly, I think Geno will take some time and then still sign with the Pens.

If not, I feel Washington or Minnesota are the front runners

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Frankly, I think Geno will take some time and then still sign with the Pens.

If not, I feel Washington or Minnesota are the front runners

Don't think this FO is setting money aside and missing out on deals/FA signings on the hope he changes his mind later on.

And while it may not be the biggest factor in play here - money is a top 3 reason this fiasco is taking place so him all of a sudden changing his mind in a month and signing for 2M seems really unrealistic.

ss53mech

Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville NC
Unless OP of that post is possibly the greatest user of sarcasm I've ever seen, I don't think it was a joke :laugh:
He's a regular poster on the Pens board. We maintain an off and on joke about Geno not being one of the "100 best players of all time" because he was left off a list that came out some years ago of the top 100. Since then, the phrase gets thrown around with implied sarcasm all the time.

Not that you should necessarily be familiar with the tendencies of that board, but yeah, I can vouch for the sarcasm.

Don't think this FO is setting money aside and missing out on deals/FA signings on the hope he changes his mind later on.

And while it may not be the biggest factor in play here - money is a top 3 reason this fiasco is taking place so him all of a sudden changing his mind in a month and signing for 2M seems really unrealistic.
Agree. I really hope in the next 12 hours we hear that Geno cooled off or the org got the details worked out or whatever and Geno is a Penguin for life. But, if that doesn't happen, I don't want the team to set money aside and not compete in free agency on the chance that Geno comes around.

Reactions: Dead Coyote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig