Malkin paired with Ovechkin @ WC

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
........... and mentions once more coming over to play for Pittsburgh. He sounds like he is thinking about coming over quite a bit. He is certainly talking about it every chance that he gets.

GRUELLING SCHEDULE

No matter what the outcome of the tug-of-war over his services, Malkin will get a chance to match his talent against Crosby even before the start of the 2006-07 NHL season.

The two youngsters are set to square off at the world championship, which was starting on Friday, playing for their respective countries.

Russia head coach Vladimir Krikunov has already said that he plans to play Malkin on the top line with Ovechkin.

"Both are still young but nonetheless they already can be considered our best players, so it makes sense to have them both on the same line," Krikunov said.

Malkin shrugs off the pressure.

"I've been in this situation before. Besides, hockey is a team sport and no matter how many talented players we have, we must play as a team to be successful," he said.

"And do I get tired of playing so much hockey? Yes, it gets tough sometimes, but I'm a young guy and at my age it's easier to overcome fatigue," he added.

"Besides, if I want to play in the NHL, where they play 82 (regular season) games, then the playoffs, I'd better be ready."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/04/AR2006050401779_2.html

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
DayWalk3r said:
They played together just some days ago (monday) against Sweden in the Euro Hockey Tour Final if you didn't notice. ;)

I didn't have opportunity to see the EHT. And they also played numerous times together before and I'm looking forward seeing that again. I'm not sure I understrand your quote...

RangersFan88*

i love to watch malkin play he's just so intelligent on the ice and together with ovechkin that is one perfect match

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
they'll finish the tournament scoreless. mark my words.

and Crosby will have at least 10 points!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For me I absolutely can not wait to see Malkin and Ovechkin go up against Crosby. All three of them are gritty players who like the rough stuff and can dish it out. I would imagine that there will be some territory staking out between Malkin and Crosby too as a prelude to training camp. Kessel will be an interesting story as well and how he does against those three. All in all will be fun to . . .umm . . .hear about. I am not sure if it is broadcast here. And three of those four could be Pens' property before the summer is out.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
with malkin playing with ao, i wonder if he will even take a shot or just keep giving it to ao? he didn't seem to want to shoot while playing with far less skilled wingers befor

pinnaclewm

Jun 23, 2005
Toronto
Damn I knew Phanuef and Weber would have come in handy somewhere in the tournament!

Malkin > Ovechkin > Crosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad