Speculation: Malcolm Subban

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I have been very impressed with his play so far this year. With Dansk playing well (when healthy), and MAF back, I wonder if Subban becomes available later this season?

It may require them to fall in the standings before it happens, but I think he'd be a good gamble for a team like Carolina, Arizona, NYI or Buffalo.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
They made space for him by sending Packard down and then trading him to us so I have to think they want him. That said I expect most of their roster is still available if the price is right. They are certainly under no pressure to move anyone so who can say what they would demand for him.

Reactions: iSophagus

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I guess I was assuming Fluery was the goalie of the next 3-5 years. Too long for Subban to ride the pine.
Meh, I don't see it. Fleury has had concussion issues and another could put him out for a long time. Subban played exceptionally well while Fleury was out. I was honestly surprised Vegas went back to Fleury after he was cleared to play.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I guess I was assuming Fluery was the goalie of the next 3-5 years. Too long for Subban to ride the pine.

You could just as easily end up being right. I think VGK wants to keep one and will be happy to trade the other. MAF is still a top goalie, and Subban just proved himself to the organization.

Knowing George McPhee, he'll probably trade whichever guy brings in a bigger trade return, and keep the other. Considering Subban was on waivers earlier in the year and has little to no track record, MAF is probably the guy they will trade. Not sure if they do it in-season or not, especially since they're in a playoff spot. But they can wait a while still. Both guys have another year on their contracts after this one.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
his value is unknown. he's only looked good in a handful of games. if lindgren's value is a 3rd/4th, then his value is also a 3rd/4th

Reactions: IODCPiper

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Why? Vegas has already said they wanted to mold Subban's game the way they wanted to before Fleury went down. He's only 23 and goalies don't hit their prime until their mid to late 20's, by the time Fleury's gone he should be ready to take the reins.

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
Would love to see the islanders take a shot with this guy. Don't think Vegas moves him unless its an overpayment. Maybe vegas could be enticed with MDC, 5th overall pick well on his way to being a bust, but might turn it around in a different atmosphere. would be a gamble both ways.

Reactions: SI90

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Would love to see the islanders take a shot with this guy. Don't think Vegas moves him unless its an overpayment. Maybe vegas could be enticed with MDC, 5th overall pick well on his way to being a bust, but might turn it around in a different atmosphere. would be a gamble both ways.

Nobody's trading that much for a player you just described as well on his way to being a bust. Nail Yakupov got a 3rd, Dal Colle isn't getting Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad