GDT: Makeup WJC 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
scored points but how did he look aside from that?
He has looked dangerous with his shot and overall, I think he's been fine. Albeit, he's been a little too trigger-happy at times and if the only thing you're looking to do with the puck is to shoot it, you become predictable.

He has benefited from playing on the top line with two really good players in Hirvonen and Räty but I don't think he's looked out of place. He's the clear sniper/target player on that line and it's not his responsibility to be the main puck-carrier on that line.

What we also need to keep in mind is that if the tournament hadn't been moved he would be an underager. For example, he's playing with Hirvonen who's 2.5 years older than him.

Simon Knak been one of the most noticeable players on the Ice so far tonight. Great speed, has created a few decent scoring chances for himself
Agreed. He has looked good, although inefficient. Needs to utilize his linemates more.

Reactions: cool beans

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Reactions: SouthNash and Adz

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I suppose that's a decent WJC for him... only 2nd in scoring though and while he made the All-Star team he wasn't MVP. And only a Silver medal. Plus he's already getting up there at 18, only 2 years younger than most of the players in the tournament. So yeah, not too terrible. Hopefully he can do a little better in the next one. :sarcasm:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

This was from earlier in the tournament so looks like Kemell just edged him out.

Not terribly encouraging that we've never heard of the other guy despite holding that record... edit to add, 5th round pick in 2013...we never even signed him.

Last edited:

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Not terribly encouraging that we've never heard of the other guy despite holding that record... edit to add, 5th round pick in 2013...we never even signed him.
If you watched him play this tournament you could tell he is an absurdly good prospect. Considering he's a double under-ager for the tourny. I wouldn't worry about some WJC stat comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If you watched him play this tournament you could tell he is an absurdly good prospect. Considering he's a double under-ager for the tourny. I wouldn't worry about some WJC stat comparison.
Thanks I forget that this is the U20 not the U18 tournament

Reactions: cool beans

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
From 2022 World Juniors: Scott Wheeler's full Edmonton tournament notebook

F Joakim Kemell (Nashville Predators): Skating looks clean. Played with a lot of confidence attacking at defenders one-on-one to get to the inside. Drew penalties hanging onto pucks one-on-one. Less trigger happy than he was at U18s, where he knew he had to be the guy. That opened up his game nicely and allowed him to take what was given. Made some nice plays through seams on the power play instead of always turning to the net because of it. He’s got great vision and sense through layers when he widens his plane of sight. Off the puck, he was consistently around it and getting to the dirty areas/the front of the net. Hard to believe watching him play that he was the youngest player on this Team Finland.

Simon Knak (Nashville Predators): Captain. Named top three player on team. Quick decisions. Played a lot. Looked like someone who played in the National League (a good pro league) last year. Driver for the Swiss and their most consistent shift-to-shift forward. North-south speed has added a step and he has always been a decent skater. Sturdy. Showed some nice vision picking up open guys. Their best player, as he needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad