Line Combos: Make your Marlies roster for next season. No FA additions.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Leivo-Abbot-Biggs
D'amigo-Mckegg-Ross
Ashton-Zigo-scott
Broll-Ryan-Devane

Percy-Blacker
Macwilliam-Granberg
Nilsson-Marshall

Sparks
Macyntire

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
That team would get rolled. Playing the kids is fine if you have the proper balance of vets with them. I dont think we're ready to part with guys like Hamilton or Acton just yet.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
meh, big whoop, put in another prospect their.

PLAY THE ****IN KIDS

Each AHL team is permitted to play 5 vets by the rules in any game excluding goalies.

Most AHL team utilize these players to their advantage for both team success purposes as well as development. As having good veteran leaders is critical to developing pro players for the NHL in the future.

Vets like Zigomanis and Ryan Hamilton and Paul Ranger types become mentors for the younger players showing them the ropes and what it takes to become better.

You can't simply "play the kids" at every available spot and not expect them to be put into a situation of team failure.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Each AHL team is permitted to play 5 vets by the rules in any game excluding goalies.

Most AHL team utilize these players to their advantage for both team success purposes as well as development. As having good veteran leaders is critical to developing pro players for the NHL in the future.

Vets like Zigomanis and Ryan Hamilton and Paul Ranger types become mentors for the younger players showing them the ropes and what it takes to become better.

You can't simply "play the kids" at every available spot and not expect them to be put into a situation of team failure.

Do what ever the grand rapids did this year. Their team performed well and are lead by prospects.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I don't think I'd be able to make a Marlies line-up, but I'd like if it consisted of at least a few vets like Zigomanis, Hamilton, and a Defenceman vet to go along with the already signed Macintyre.

Leafs For Life*

D'Amigo-Zigo-Leivo
Hamilton-McKegg-Ashton
Ross-Abbot-Vet
Broll-Ryan-Devane

Holzer-Ranger
Percy-Blacker
Nilsson-Granberg

MacIntyre-Rynnas

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Carter Ashton - Spencer Abbott - Ryan Hamilton (C)
Joshua Leivo - Greg McKegg - Jerry D'Amigo (A)
Brad Ross - Mike Zigomanis (A) - Tyler Biggs
David Broll - Kenny Ryan - Jamie Devane
Sam Carrick, Andrew Crescenzi

Stuart Percy - Korbinian Holzer (A)
Kevin Marshall - Jesse Blacker
Petter Granberg - Tom Nilsson
Andrew MacWilliam

Drew MacIntyre
Garret Sparks

snizzbone*

Do what ever the grand rapids did this year. Their team performed well and are lead by prospects.

They are lead by prospects who have already spent a few years in the AHL or other pro leagues. Their young guys are also capable of scoring at high clips. Our young guys are not big time scorers. We severely lack high end forward prospects, which is why you don't see them playing huge minutes.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
No one putting Owuya in their lineups? I'm probably the biggest Sparks fan on HF, but I believe he'll be in the ECHL, leaving the Marlies with a duo of MacIntyre and Owuya.

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
No one putting Owuya in their lineups? I'm probably the biggest Sparks fan on HF, but I believe he'll be in the ECHL, leaving the Marlies with a duo of MacIntyre and Owuya.

I agree with you. He'll get starts in the ECHL and that league didn't hurt Reimers development.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Carter Ashton - Spencer Abbott - Ryan Hamilton (C)
Joshua Leivo - Greg McKegg - Jerry D'Amigo (A)
Brad Ross - Mike Zigomanis (A) - Tyler Biggs
David Broll - Kenny Ryan - Jamie Devane
Sam Carrick, Andrew Crescenzi

Stuart Percy - Korbinian Holzer (A)
Kevin Marshall - Jesse Blacker
Petter Granberg - Tom Nilsson
Andrew MacWilliam

Drew MacIntyre
Garret Sparks

This is how I see it. Nice projection.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
While it would be nice if Colborne made the Leafs I don't think that looks like a certainty at the moment unless Bozak walks.

If not he is likely the Marlies #1 center.

Paul Ranger might also be a player that might return to the Marlies, giving them experience on defense.

Will Acton, Keith Acton's son has also been a previous factor in the mix as a solid role player.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Man this gotta be the toughest team in the league with Broll, Devane, Ross, Biggs, Ashton, Carrick, Ryan, Creszenci etc

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Ashton-McKegg-Biggs
Leivo-Zigomanis-Devane
Brown-Hamilton-D'Amigo
Ross-Ryan-Broll

Blacker-Ranger (Hopefully Ranger signs NHL contract with Leafs though)
Percy-Holzer
Nilsson-Granberg

Owuya
MacIntyre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad