Make Giroux Our Captain

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
1710548940741.gif

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Brady was name Captain in Nov. of 2021.

Claude Giroux was signed in July of 2022….

Would have been pretty much impossible to switch up captains in less than a year.

IF the GM was going to do whatever it took to bring Giroux to Ottawa, he could have held off on naming a Captain in 2021, and could have offered Giroux the Captaincy in 2022… and let Claude decide whether to accept it or not.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
f*** off with this shit. Giroux does what he does no matter what letter is on his chest.

All this would do is ensure Tkachuk is off this team within a season.
What if he has already asked out?

Would you do it and then give Garrioch the order 66?

No one is in the room so we can all just speculate and write fan fictions about the inner room dynamics. It's not like watching a game where even know I'm not a coach because I watch the game I can at least use a ven diagram on Twitter that agrees with my emotions about a player as evidence that they are bad at hockey.

I have never seen an advance stat that measures how well players mesh in the room but I'm also not subscribed to JFresh's Patreon.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What if he has already asked out?

Would you do it and then give Garrioch the order 66?

No one is in the room so we can all just speculate and write fan fictions about the inner room dynamics. It's not like watching a game where even know I'm not a coach because I watch the game I can at least use a ven diagram on Twitter that agrees with my emotions about a player as evidence that they are bad at hockey.

I have never seen an advance stat that measures how well players mesh in the room but I'm also not subscribed to JFresh's Patreon.

If he wants out your trade his ass before the media gets wind of it.

And yes, then giroux is the clear choice.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
And then if the team sucks next season, should we strip Giroux of the captaincy?

Giroux in 2025
Sanderson in 2026
Stützle in 2027

Just switch up the captaincy on a yearly basis, no one is worthy.

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zub

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think you ask him to score another slap shot winner and people will just start calling him Captain G.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
The next thread that you would start after this would be "Brady wants to be traded"
This would be a one-way ticket out of Sens land for Brady

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Brady has 'it' but he could have definitely used a little more seasoning. The captaincy was premature and a knee-jerk reaction to the contract negotiation. We all wanted and expected it but was it the smartest decision in hindsight? - ehh...

I do believe Brady is still a tad bit immature. Understandable given his age but true 'leadership' goes a whole lot deeper than on-ice performance, media sound bites, and 'good vibes.' He has a bit too much of the 'partying' 'living my best life' type attitude which spreads to the rest of the team. Set a f***in example. Crosby, MacKinnon, Stamkos - time to leave the old life behind.

You strip him of the captaincy now or even worse, trade him, we'll be regretting it for the next half century when he finally matures and brings out the beast which dwells inside him. Wait it out and hope for the best.

Reactions: SweSensFan

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I know Giroux is the fans spirit animal walking around all grumpy and never being happy - but I want a leader who smiles. Giroux is the perfect grumpy old man, he plays it perfectly, let’s let him enjoy his Larry David years

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WallyD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad