Make a bold prediction

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Mantha plays two full seasons of AHL hockey before establishing himself as a NHL regular.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
The Wings trade Helm, a top D prospect, and a pick for a scoring winger.
My bold prediction-E. Kane

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
As much as I love Helm, i'd do that in a heartbeat, which prob means the Jets don't lol

My thought exactly. Unless Helm can produce as a winger I'd feel comfortable shipping him out for a winger who can produce in big numbers.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
mantha plays in the AHL for a couple months and joins the team at the start of march. he plays the last 21 games of the season on datsyuk's wing and puts up 26 points (17 goals, 9 assists).

wings make it to the conference finals, mantha plays in all games and is the wings leading scorer in the playoffs with 13 goals in 19 games.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
mantha plays in the AHL for a couple months and joins the team at the start of march. he plays the last 21 games of the season on datsyuk's wing and puts up 26 points (17 goals, 9 assists).

wings make it to the conference finals, mantha plays in all games and is the wings leading scorer in the playoffs with 13 goals in 19 games.

This is a very bold move, Seeing that Holland pretty much said that Mantha won't play more then 9 games this season at the very most. But if we wind up getting tons of Injuries this year. Then I could see Mantha playing more.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
This is a very bold move, Seeing that Holland pretty much said that Mantha won't play more then 9 games this season at the very most. But if we wind up getting tons of Injuries this year. Then I could see Mantha playing more.

prerequisite to this is mantha scoring like 30 goals and 40 points in 20-something games in the AHL

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
-At spot 14 of the draft lottery group, the Detroit Red Wings WIN the 2014 draft lottery, and draft Connor McDavid
-The team that traded their 1st round pick at the deadline doesn't make the playoffs, wins the second overall pick in the draft lottery, and the Red Wings draft Noah Hanifin
-Pandemonium ensues

That's not the way the draft lottery works. Winning the draft lottery means you go up up to 4 spots. Being at position 14 and winning means that Detroit would pick 10th. So your prediction is very bold. Either the rules about the draft lottery change, or McDavid falls out of favor in a major way over the next 9 months or so. If that happens, he'd be a classic Red Wings OHL pick.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Gustavsson suffers longterm injury. Mrazek is called up and steals the show. Even putting Howard's starting role in jeopardy.
My 2cents

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
That's not the way the draft lottery works. Winning the draft lottery means you go up up to 4 spots. Being at position 14 and winning means that Detroit would pick 10th. So your prediction is very bold. Either the rules about the draft lottery change, or McDavid falls out of favor in a major way over the next 9 months or so. If that happens, he'd be a classic Red Wings OHL pick.
Haven't they just recently changed the lottery so that any 1-14 team can pick first overall now? Theoretically, that is. I could be mistaken, I know that's the way it has been, ie NJ a couple years back, but I could have swore it changed.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Haven't they just recently changed the lottery so that any 1-14 team can pick first overall now? Theoretically, that is. I could be mistaken, I know that's the way it has been, ie NJ a couple years back, but I could have swore it changed.

Nope I believe you're right, They did change it this year that so any team 1-14 has an equal chance of winning the lottery and drafting McDavid. From what I heard that the 14th place team has as much of a chance to win it all then the 1st place team has. So if the Red Wings finish 14th and Buffalo finishes 1st Detroit still has as much of a chance to win the lotto as Buffalo does.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Nope I believe you're right, They did change it this year that so any team 1-14 has an equal chance of winning the lottery and drafting McDavid. From what I heard that the 14th place team has as much of a chance to win it all then the 1st place team has. So if the Red Wings finish 14th and Buffalo finishes 1st Detroit still has as much of a chance to win the lotto as Buffalo does.

Wait what? How is that fair? There has to be something missing here. That just doesn't seem right to me, but admittedly so i know nothing of the situation.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Wait what? How is that fair? There has to be something missing here. That just doesn't seem right to me, but admittedly so i know nothing of the situation.

Yeah I know it does'nt seem fair, But they're saying that changes are being made to the 2015 draft that gives teams equal chance at the lotto pick so a 14th place team has just as much of a chance as the 1st place team does. Will be curious how this would play out.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Okay my mistake they just changed the odds a little bit where the 1st place team on the old format had a 25% chance at winning the lotto and now they have a 20% chance and the 14th place team went from 0.5% chance of winning to 1.0% chance of winning that makes sense.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bold Prediction: The 2014-5 Wings have the greatest collection of potential ever to get unceremoniously trucked in the 1st round of the playoffs.

But oh, the potential. :rolleyes:

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
I would bet my house against this to a dollar. My bold prediction is Weiss gets traded this season.

With the exception of last season and his sophomore year...he's been around top 6-8 in vezina ratings.

If he's back to his normal self, it's not out of the possibility. I'd be more realistic and say he'll get a nomination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad