WWE: Mae Young Classic 2 [August?]

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Allysin Kay (Sienna from Impact)
Rachael Evers (Rachael Ellering, daughter of Paul Ellering)
MJ Jenkins (performance centre recruit, brief stint in impact last summer)
Xia Li (China, debuted last year at MAe YOung Classic)
Zatara (Tiffany from Chile. is now going as Zatara in mexico and for this tournament)

means 31 out of 32 names are revealed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They switched a finish last year to put Rachael Evers over

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
MJ Jenkins? Yes! I saw her just starting out in NECW two years ago. She's got a good skill base with a great personality to match. She's got one hell of a singing voice too!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
this starts taping tonight.
will be a live" parade of champions" on wwe's social media at 7pm

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, Bracketology on August 29, tournament stars airing September 5, weekly, after NXT. I guess they felt the weekly episodes worked out better with the CWC (it is)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So any predictions who's going to win? Or at least who should make it at least to the semifinals? I would imagine Io Shirai would be one of them since she is signed. Or do they pick them on the fly, based on in-ring performance and crowd reactions?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So any predictions who's going to win? Or at least who should make it at least to the semifinals? I would imagine Io Shirai would be one of them since she is signed. Or do they pick them on the fly, based on in-ring performance and crowd reactions?
Should be Toni Storm, if not Io Shirai. They had Kairi win last year, so would they want another Japanese woman winning again? They could, but I think they'll go with Toni and help establish the UK Women's division with it.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I just want MJ Jenkins to get a win or two and maybe show off her singing voice!

I would love to see Rhea Ripley wreck her way to at least the semi finals by over powering her opponents.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a semi or quarter final match between Teagan Nox and Toni Storm. Maybe end with Toni cheating to get the win setting up a UK division rivalry?

Io Shirai is good. Damn good! As much as I want to see her go far in the tournament I doubt they'll let her win as she doesn't need it anyway. One good match to showcase her skills then on to NXT to continue building her name and finally a program with Asuka on the main roster is how I would plan for her. Maybe a tag too with homage to the past like Jumping Bomb Angels?

Deona Purrazo is a dark horse for me as well as Karen Q and Mia Yim. They're all superstars on the indy circuit and have a following, but I see them being used to make the lesser known women look like a threat and get them over. Same goes for Mercedez Martinez.

Kavita Devi will probably get a push even though I'm not sold on her. She's improved but she still looks too stiff(not flexible) in the ring and slow. I guess that's what happens getting trained by Great Khali.

Finally one other women I'd love to see do well is her royal weebness Xia Brookside. Go anime girl!

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Oh yeah one more thought, what happened to Serena Deeb after the first Mae Young Classic? She seemed primed for a major redemption run, but just disappeared. Seems like a waste. :(

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Tegan Knox messed up her knee pretty badly last night, apparently.
Really? I feel so bad for her. I've never someone so snakebitten by injury. From Bea Preistley nearly breaking her neck, her first ACL tear, and now this. Everytime she's on cusp of breaking through there's a set back.

EDIT: Apparently its a broken leg not knee. Which is good in a way, but still bad. There's video of the injury and you can hear her crying as the crowd is dead silent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's talk of it in the spoil thread, if you aren't concerned with spoils, but it's a broken leg after doing a dive onto the steel girder. That's actually a more dangerous spot at Full Sail, Kairi Sane got hurt on it last year.

Tegan's dad was in attendance as well. Obviously that's gutting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kacy Catanzaro getting rave reviews from this week’s episode. Haven’t seen it for myself yet.

Rhea Ripley was on last week and looks incredible

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kacy Catanzaro getting rave reviews from this week’s episode. Haven’t seen it for myself yet.

Rhea Ripley was on last week and looks incredible

I guess this match?

Either Kacy is really short or Reina is really tall. I'd actually say that she's everything Nia Jax should be. Kacy used her agility in some pretty innovative ways.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess this match?

Either Kacy is really short or Reina is really tall. I'd actually say that she's everything Nia Jax should be. Kacy used her agility in some pretty innovative ways.

Kacy is that short, she may not be 5 feet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad