Madden 20

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
How are the sim stats? Is there a way to fix the sim QB rushing attempts?

Through 12 weeks, the only stat that is always off is QB ratings lol.

Passing yardage and TDs seemed fair. Rodgers is leading the league with 34 TD's, and averaging 320 ypg last I saw.

Rushing seems legit too. Outside of Zeke(User) I saw Barkley, Hunt(Browns started him over Chubb...), Dixon and Bell in the top 5.

Can't comment on the rushing attempts for QB's. I wonder if they messed up Jacksons traits?
I noticed when playing the Bills that Allen never ran the ball in the 3 games I played against him. Tyrod Taylor NYG(Eli benched) tried to run a lot.

Actually, outside of Taylor, no QB has tried to scramble against me.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Through 12 weeks, the only stat that is always off is QB ratings lol.

Passing yardage and TDs seemed fair. Rodgers is leading the league with 34 TD's, and averaging 320 ypg last I saw.

Rushing seems legit too. Outside of Zeke(User) I saw Barkley, Hunt(Browns started him over Chubb...), Dixon and Bell in the top 5.

Can't comment on the rushing attempts for QB's. I wonder if they messed up Jacksons traits?
I noticed when playing the Bills that Allen never ran the ball in the 3 games I played against him. Tyrod Taylor NYG(Eli benched) tried to run a lot.

Actually, outside of Taylor, no QB has tried to scramble against me.
Ya I posted a picture on the 1st page were Lamar Jackson only had 8 rush attempts for the entire year.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Screwing with face of the franchise.

National title game seems damn near unwinnable, though it doesn't matter since still went in the first round.

Me: Oh man i don't wanna go to the Redskins in the 3rd round

*Tries again*

"Hey son this is Jon Gruden of the Oakland Raiders"

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ya I posted a picture on the 1st page were Lamar Jackson only had 8 rush attempts for the entire year.

I won't be home till friday but I'll check on QB rushing stats from the CPU for teams that have rushing QB's.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Was going to wait until it went on sale but MLB is getting boring and I don't want to keep playing until they release Griffey. Just gonna bite the bullet and get Madden.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The x-factor **** only serves to annoy.

Love how Lamar Jackson can just explode for 50 to 60 yards because somehow not even Aaron Donald can bring him down.

Ran into some smug **** that ran and only QB ran to the point he was up like 24-14 going into the half. He had 60 yards total passing and folded like a ****y tent when i finally shut him down by running CB/outside blitzes. Won at the gun, but it's still complete nonsense that a guy can magically get A+ blocking on every god damn roll out of the pocket when i'm actively setting my defense up to contain the qb as well as spy him.

Reactions: Roman Fell

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Yea, the franchise QB rushing stats are messed up.

Josh Allen was 6 for 8 yards
L Jackson was 4 for 18 yards.

Over 16 games

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
As a scrambling QB in my face of the franchise I can routinely put up 100-150yds rushing and around 200 yards passing.

I made a pocket QB and damn near hit 6000yds passing and 55 TDs.

I think one of the coolest features is when you get a breakout text from a teammate. I turned Trequan Smith into a Xfactor player, which turned my passing game pretty much unstoppable between Kamara, Thomas and Smith.

But the Xfactor texts from other teams get stale real quick. Also so do the goals. As a scrambling QB I should have more goals then passing yards or passing touchdowns. And if I hit those goals give me new ones based on my previous season. I threw a shit ton of picks, so maybe my goal for next season should be less than a certain amount of picks or a certain passing percentage over an entire season..

Sep 19, 2008
Played some more over the weekend. Overall, pretty disappointed. Face of the Franchise gets old very, very fast.

The commentary remains even though I mute it every game. Also it can't remember camera angles. It always insists on the zoomed in angle. I just want the regular angle.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The commentary remains even though I mute it every game. Also it can't remember camera angles. It always insists on the zoomed in angle. I just want the regular angle.

There are also some quality issues that I would have expected in an NHL game, not Madden. I was the 1st overall pick yet when I got my follow up post season from that reporter you meet early on, it said "you are doing great for a 4th round pick". Just little stuff.

The game play overall is great. Can't ignore that. But Face of the Franchise is a big disappointment from both a content and quality perspective.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
What is the point of getting the Entertainer+++, Leadership+++, or Team Player+++ in FotF? It doesn't seem to have any effect on anything. Also when you become a FA, it didn't ask me anything and just re-signed for another 7 years. You would think that with all the effort they put into the FotF, they would've put more into that area since it's a big part of your player.

Sep 19, 2008
As someone who has played Madden almost every year since the Sega days, it looks like I'm making the right decision by not getting it this year.
you're missing out

face of the franchise is good but tough. Finally figured out how to mute the commentary so it's just field noise.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
In my CFM,I changed my playbooks and when I try to make a formation sub on offense it shows a different playbook. Funny thing is, its not even the original playbook I had. It's a totally different playbook. Anyone know how to fix this?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
you're missing out

face of the franchise is good but tough. Finally figured out how to mute the commentary so it's just field noise.

I don't know. I haven't played a Madden game in 5 years. I started on All-Pro and was able to win the National Championship, ace the combine, go 1st overall and in my Rookie year throw for 5,300 yards.

But I basically play franchise only, and there's a lot of stuff in that mode that they can improve on.

I haven't touched franchise yet but you aren't missing much with Face of the Franchise IMO. I absolutely regret my decision to purchase.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
As someone who has played Madden almost every year since the Sega days, it looks like I'm making the right decision by not getting it this year.

FA/ Draft in franchise is exactly the same from 2019.
Zero upgrades. Same exact look and function.

Still no RFAs/ERFA designations.

Only upgrades I've seen is that some players can make the jump from normal/star to superstar if they perform well for a stretch of games or have a huge game. Not sure if the players are picked at random in the game. You'll get a text from a player or a coach saying they think player X can be a superstar if they perform well or put up certain stats.

That and the X-factor feature is good and annoying at the same time. Makes guys like Brady, Rodgers and Brees hard to stop. Which is nice from last year when I would see Rodgers just check down all the time when they were down by 14+ points.

Sep 19, 2008
They didn't call blatant PI earlier today and let a fumble go (no way to challenge)

:laugh:

After the game ended I stormed off from my computer raving mad :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad