Player Discussion Mackenzie Weegar

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Didn't see a thread on it here so thought I'd add my 2 cents:

First off, he's single handedly salvaged the Tkachuk trade into not being a total, absolute, mind-bending fleece. Flames pro scouting got it right for once to acquire him

Even though the team has prolapsed this season, he just continues to chug along. Best fancy stats on the team, leads the team in shots with 34 (in 10 games), 5 pts in 10 games, etc etc. For a season that is already looking lost, this is the one contract I'm happy we locked up.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Didn't see a thread on it here so thought I'd add my 2 cents:

First off, he's single handedly salvaged the Tkachuk trade into not being a total, absolute, mind-bending fleece. Flames pro scouting got it right for once to acquire him

Even though the team has prolapsed this season, he just continues to chug along. Best fancy stats on the team, leads the team in shots with 34 (in 10 games), 5 pts in 10 games, etc etc. For a season that is already looking lost, this is the one contract I'm happy we locked up.

Ask this praise and I see no mention of the name Skjei. What gives?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Why wasn’t he given a chance at PP1 instead of Hanifin when Andersson was out for four???

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Right, he has been a decent piece in the Tkachuk trade. For my liking, he is way too inconsistent but he is a fine 50 pt D man on a good team that plays witha swagger (undoubtedly, this is not us- currently, BUT Mackenzie is now playing with some mofo swaggers, playing with no fear, just courage).

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He was already starting to turn it around offensively at the end of last season, but the World's really turned his game around, guy was arguably the MVP of that team, came into this year and looks like a surefire #1.

Guy is beauty out there, when him and Ras are in the o-zone and the entire team is cycling with them on the point I always feel like they're going to score, so dangerous.

Reactions: Boomstick

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Weegar was solid last season, but I feel like he's starting to play with more offensive flair now. The trade off is I think we're starting to notice him make more mistakes defensively. This was the trajectory he had as a Panther as well.

Either way, he's been fun to watch this season.

Admittedly I'd also like to see him on the 1st Unit, but not necessarily at the expense of Hanifin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad