Recalled/Assigned: Mackenzie Skapski returning to the AHL today

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Lundqvist will dress (if not play?) Thursday night in Ottawa. Skapski returning to AHL today. Recall up front a possibility next few days.â€

Thanks for everything Skaps...you looked and did great. Looking forward to the future!

skapski-mackenzie-22115-us-news-getty-ftr_w3mwzm5ner7o1uklbrhzrvl3s.jpeg

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Ron Weasley has been sent from Gryffindor to Hufflepuff.

Just beyond excited this means Hank is ready for game action. Talbot tomorrow, Hank Saturday, Talbot Sunday? :dunno:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Ron Weasley has been sent from Gryffindor to Hufflepuff.

Just beyond excited this means Hank is ready for game action. Talbot tomorrow, Hank Saturday, Talbot Sunday? :dunno:

I would personally go Talbot tomorrow, Talbot Saturday, and Hank sunday in front of the home crowd at MSG.

Sat/Sun are back to back, and Talbot could have a day of rest between tomorrow night and Saturday.

The Beezer

Jan 24, 2010
Jersey
I would personally go Talbot tomorrow, Talbot Saturday, and Hank sunday in front of the home crowd at MSG.

Sat/Sun are back to back, and Talbot could have a day of rest between tomorrow night and Saturday.

I agree, although if they play another stinker tomorrow I can see AV going to Hank on Saturday.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Why are we sending the GOAT NYR goalie to the ahl?

Just kidding. Skapski did a great job in his two games here and should be super confident going back to Hartford. The King is returning!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Skapper did well. The team did well in front of him, but even against a ****** team he still had to make some plays.

Hopefully Lindberg or Klingberg coming up.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Did a great job. Go down to Hartford and play some lights out hockey in the Calder Cup Playoffs.

Enjoy the NHL paycheck he earned this year.

We'll see him as soon as next year if not then the following season :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He did a great job for the role he had to fill. I'm sure he gained a good bit of confidence playing in the NHL at all at his age and with his development history.

Seems like a good kid who may be a goalie for us down the line.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I'm assuming this means Lundqvist will be on the bench Thursday. What happens if Talbot gets injured or gets pulled? They'll put Lundqvist in I imagine.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
He did very very well up here, best of luck to him with the Wolfpack (or Whalepack or whatever their name is now..lol), and hopefully we'll see him back up in a few years :)

I'm assuming this means Lundqvist will be on the bench Thursday. What happens if Talbot gets injured or gets pulled? They'll put Lundqvist in I imagine.
They'd have to, unless they plan to dress Glass or Girardi or something :laugh:

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
He did very very well up here, best of luck to him with the Wolfpack (or Whalepack or whatever their name is now..lol), and hopefully we'll see him back up in a few years :)

I'd have to think Allaire would be the primary choice for emergency goalie, but I would go with Girardi. He's already used to getting hit with the puck all game long.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

Bring him up.

(Even though he plays for Minnesota now)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
More shutouts than Mike Smith, Reimer, Emery, Lehner, Neuvirth, Fasth and McIlhenny combined.

Kids a rockstar.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can we call him up again for the playoffs? With Hank's injury, I don't like the idea of only having two goalies for the playoffs.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's pretty cool that a goalie who we drafted in the 6th round two years ago got to play two games with the big club. I don't think that last Buffalo game was as easy as everyone says it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad