Machu Picchu Man Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
4G 10a in last 28GP. ...6g 10a in last 34 GP....1g 2a in last 8GP. ..our big "star" 1C...but he is of course just resting ..saving it for playoffs ..will prove he is the greatest flip the switcher of all-time..He had better prove that..cause there are $10.5 million reasons to question the insanity of that outlay for this ROI...Either he is the laziest flip the switcher in he annals of hockey OR this fat-cat rich boy belongs in 5he anals of hockey..as fans we have a right to demand what the heck has been off with him all season but especially these last 34 games?

This is a joke for any 1C of any NHL team..Now there are theories about the Hawks core playing so many games with all the playoffs/Cups and Olympics the past 6 years...and that if any team or top players has an excuse to save it for playoffs it is Toews and the Hawks core guys..But still there is no reason to lay this much poo down for so so many games ...It would be laughable if it really were not so tragic.

SO is ita physical tiredness or mental do not care till playoffs problem with him...OR is it more just the usual fat-cat gets big bucks then "retires" to the Country Club almost the entire season except for maybe at most 20 games he shows up for "work".

OR is there some medical issue we do not know about? Could those concussions have caused a take-away of his talent?

I prefer tge plain lazy excuse because to contemplate brain malfunction affect ting his play is too tragic to contemplate..We do not want a Lindo -like decline to the point he cannot play to the pay level by a lot or even further decline to the point of total uselessness. .Better to think lazy fat-cat because at least hen there is hope top brass can get him to shake his lethargic play and talent absence at some point even if it had to be next season.

AND if it is just the too much hockey cause then maybe it is best if we ho out early and he gets a much longer summer of rest for his body and mind.

BUT what I do not want to see is a continuation of this ineffective and insipid play next season and during the rest of this contract.

IT is simple. .we pay him $10.5 million...gotta show...gotta produce. ..gotta help team win a lit more than he has by his efforts this season.Too many MIA games..too many ineffective/easily handled games. .very few if any "starry " games .Look Crosby slacked as fat-cat for half a season then in 2nd half he magically returns to siper-star and leads/carries team to climb way back up the standings to playoff Cup contender again.Meanwhile we continue to see precious little from Toews except for about 20 games from December through Mid-January till the win streak ended..

Even if I grant him 20 good games out of 82 ..and probably less than 5 of these into greatness category..then even if I concede him that many ..it is nit enough fir any 1C let alone a $10.5 million one.

Of course if he wakes up in playoffs and "leads" team to the Cup again and gets Playoff MVP ...then I guess we shall have to let him off tge hook..we shall have to acknowledge him as the greatest lazy flip the switch artist in hockey history and admit that he has a deal with the devil ...take off 60 or so games out of 82 by not showing up for "work" and then play 16-28 playoff games where you do show up for work and not only that but you star and carry your team to ultimate victory. .

So is that what we have here. .a deal with the devil? OR is there something medical affecting Toews ability to play the game with talent and want?

I just do not know the answer.I guess we find out in. Playoffs.

I know. ..the Hossa has declined excise amd the we did not get Ladd till trade deadline and but takes time to adjust guys in from then excuse.

But tge eyeball test if nit the stats test shows that really it is upto Toews himself to generate scoring chances and to actually produce points to his pay level. That is tge bottom line and it always should be.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Hawks win at least couple of rounds and go deep in the WCF and Toews has 7 or 8 goals with some OT and GWGs mixed in there and everyone forgets about his bad regular season...but yeah this is a tired act from fiddy.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
4G 10a in last 28GP. ...6g 10a in last 34 GP....1g 2a in last 8GP. ..our big "star" 1C...but he is of course just resting ..saving it for playoffs ..will prove he is the greatest flip the switcher of all-time..He had better prove that..cause there are $10.5 million reasons to question the insanity of that outlay for this ROI...Either he is the laziest flip the switcher in he annals of hockey OR this fat-cat rich boy belongs in 5he anals of hockey..as fans we have a right to demand what the heck has been off with him all season but especially these last 34 games?

This is a joke for any 1C of any NHL team..Now there are theories about the Hawks core playing so many games with all the playoffs/Cups and Olympics the past 6 years...and that if any team or top players has an excuse to save it for playoffs it is Toews and the Hawks core guys..But still there is no reason to lay this much poo down for so so many games ...It would be laughable if it really were not so tragic.

SO is ita physical tiredness or mental do not care till playoffs problem with him...OR is it more just the usual fat-cat gets big bucks then "retires" to the Country Club almost the entire season except for maybe at most 20 games he shows up for "work".

OR is there some medical issue we do not know about? Could those concussions have caused a take-away of his talent?

I prefer tge plain lazy excuse because to contemplate brain malfunction affect ting his play is too tragic to contemplate..We do not want a Lindo -like decline to the point he cannot play to the pay level by a lot or even further decline to the point of total uselessness. .Better to think lazy fat-cat because at least hen there is hope top brass can get him to shake his lethargic play and talent absence at some point even if it had to be next season.

AND if it is just the too much hockey cause then maybe it is best if we ho out early and he gets a much longer summer of rest for his body and mind.

BUT what I do not want to see is a continuation of this ineffective and insipid play next season and during the rest of this contract.

IT is simple. .we pay him $10.5 million...gotta show...gotta produce. ..gotta help team win a lit more than he has by his efforts this season.Too many MIA games..too many ineffective/easily handled games. .very few if any "starry " games .Look Crosby slacked as fat-cat for half a season then in 2nd half he magically returns to siper-star and leads/carries team to climb way back up the standings to playoff Cup contender again.Meanwhile we continue to see precious little from Toews except for about 20 games from December through Mid-January till the win streak ended..

Even if I grant him 20 good games out of 82 ..and probably less than 5 of these into greatness category..then even if I concede him that many ..it is nit enough fir any 1C let alone a $10.5 million one.

Of course if he wakes up in playoffs and "leads" team to the Cup again and gets Playoff MVP ...then I guess we shall have to let him off tge hook..we shall have to acknowledge him as the greatest lazy flip the switch artist in hockey history and admit that he has a deal with the devil ...take off 60 or so games out of 82 by not showing up for "work" and then play 16-28 playoff games where you do show up for work and not only that but you star and carry your team to ultimate victory. .

So is that what we have here. .a deal with the devil? OR is there something medical affecting Toews ability to play the game with talent and want?

I just do not know the answer.I guess we find out in. Playoffs.

I know. ..the Hossa has declined excise amd the we did not get Ladd till trade deadline and but takes time to adjust guys in from then excuse.

But tge eyeball test if nit the stats test shows that really it is upto Toews himself to generate scoring chances and to actually produce points to his pay level. That is tge bottom line and it always should be.

Can you explain how breaking your stick on a stretch pass makes you incompetent?

You need to learn how to use spell check. Phones even have it.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
You mean … "Glass half empty man " update don't you?!!
Bless your sorry little heart HF50 … " the sun'll come up tomorrow .. bet your bottom dollar that
tomorrow " …..

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Guy has one off year in a sterling career to date, and a certain subset of the fanbase is ready to throw him under the bus.

Pathetic.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
I'm just glad he's stopped the whole "Hawks should have drafted Kyle Turris instead of Kane" schtick.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The worst part about it is you can argue it's hardly an off year. He's played with guys who aren't finishing, so his assist numbers are down.

While Fiddy can be over the top...it is definitely on off year for 19. I've never seen him with so many misplays before. From unnecessary and careless offside play to flubbing the puck and just off decision making.

The goal by Ladd was a result of another poor Toews decision on the drop pass, he should have and normally would have ripped from that spot.

Maybe it is concussion related, maybe his personal life is not copacetic, but something is different.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The worst part about it is you can argue it's hardly an off year. He's played with guys who aren't finishing, so his assist numbers are down.

I wasn't so much speaking to the production numbers as his possession numbers, which are pretty significantly down.

And while Hossa is definitely slowing down, it can't purely be that, because Toews has put up elite possession numbers even when paired with slugs in 2008, 2011, and 2012.

He's been off IMO. It happens. He may fix it come playoff time. He may not be able to. Toews at 75% efficiency is still a hell of a weapon.

If every player that had an off year was done after that one season, a whole bunch of legitimately elite players would be out of the league.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Never thought fiddy would ever get on a Canadian player pike this, especially Toews.

At least he's stopped his Kane hating this year for the first time ever. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce