Series Discussion: M1: New York Rangers, a subsidiary of Tom Wilson Real Estate, Inc vs WC2: Perpetrators of Horrifying Acts of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I'll be honest, I don't see them taking four out of the next five games -- especially without two top-four defensemen -- but let's see what they got. Every time this team has been counted out they've respondws so who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.
They play one game at a time. They can absolutely win tonight. Sunday will come soon enough.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Like I said, we did stat analysis and there was a very definite pattern. I'm aware of the bias potential. This isn't that.
I remember that stat. Caps were the most penalized team, and had the least calls for them, over like a 15yr period….or something outrageous like that.

It was there in black and white

There was this, which is almost 10 years old at this point. But makes you go hmm...

View attachment 859037
Yep. There was that. Shows exactly our point.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
I think we should do our best to enjoy playoff hockey which nobody expected to see this year. But I would like to see retribution for the injurious hits on our defensemen.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think we should do our best to enjoy playoff hockey which nobody expected to see this year. But I would like to see retribution for the injurious hits on our defensemen.
What's to enjoy? The Capitals haven't ramped up their play or done much worthy of playoff hockey. The team looks utterly outmatched. The first three games have been painful and pretty much devoid of moments worth celebrating.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
What's to enjoy? The Capitals haven't ramped up their play or done much worthy of playoff hockey. The team looks utterly outmatched. The first three games have been painful and pretty much devoid of moments worth celebrating.
True dat, but I would rather be in than out. The team played gritty hockey the last three regular season games and gave us a reason to celebrate. Now CMM and Lapierre and AA and Miro get a taste of NHL playoff hockey.

Of course I would rather watch them win. And get a PP goal or two. And not give up the SHGs. And not take dirty hits without retribution.

But even so I a, glad to root for this team, not the Pens or Flyers.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I’ll be at the game on Sunday. I really hope we play a more physical game and push back a bit. Because that IS playoff hockey. We need to win one so the boys get that feeling.

You should go @max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Come on, it's still a free playoff game. Show up, be loud, and if it's the last one of the season send them out on their shields with pride
No doubt, if I lived within an hour it wouldn’t be a question. The traffic and cost for a hotel is out the back these days. We used to take the Amtrak for almost every game from Norfolk but it’s almost cheaper to drive now.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
No doubt, if I lived within an hour it wouldn’t be a question. The traffic and cost for a hotel is out the back these days. We used to take the Amtrak for almost every game from Norfolk but it’s almost cheaper to drive now.
May be ovis last playoff game

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
All i asked for at the beginning of the season is just give me a playoff series. They did that. Just wished they could’ve played a little sharper. Decent season

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
Rags fans have vaulted up there with sPitt fans for me. Their "oh it was clean, you just don't know hockey" crap about Rempe's hit is classless. Not rooting for any career ending injuries but wouldn't shed a tear if any of their guys have postseason ending injuries. NY can go cry after missing out on the Cup again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad