Series Discussion: M1: New York Rangers, a subsidiary of Tom Wilson Real Estate, Inc vs WC2: Perpetrators of Horrifying Acts of Violence

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I expect the NYR to win one in NYC, but I picked the Caps in 5. Why? Because I can and Caps were in playoff mode for a while now. Just watch out for Kreider is all I say.

Reactions: Calicaps

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
f***ing HATE the afternoon playoff games but maybe it will work to our advantage. The Sunday snoozer hangover helper.

At least we no long have to hear NBC slurp Crosby the entire broadcast. PEAK Ovi dominating the league away fans coming out in droves to see him... NBC crew would ignore it.

Edit: Great minds @marcel snapshot

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
f***ing HATE the afternoon playoff games but maybe it will work to our advantage. The Sunday snoozer hangover helper.

At least we no long have to hear NBC slurp Crosby the entire broadcast. PEAK Ovi dominating the league away fans coming out in droves to see him... NBC crew would ignore it.
We didnt even get the 1st game that Sunday. I think it plays into low scoring D type game

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So... I was just looking at NHL.com... for the Saturday games, it shows that they'll be on Max as well as TBS. But for Sunday's, it only lists ESPN and Canadian networks. Wondering if that means the Caps game won't be streamed. I will be so pissed.

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
I don’t care if we get swept, we’re watching playoff hockey while the Penguins aren’t. I swear I’ve been ecstatic all day still
Yep...yep....YEP!!!!! No matter what our guys are still playing and they're season is all over.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
So... I was just looking at NHL.com... for the Saturday games, it shows that they'll be on Max as well as TBS. But for Sunday's, it only lists ESPN and Canadian networks. Wondering if that means the Caps game won't be streamed. I will be so pissed.
I'm already counting on I'll have to use the online sites to watch.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Expectations naturally super low for this series. But at least four more games and also good for the younglings that won the calder cup last year to get a taste of actual NHL playoff hockey.

First round in the NHL playoffs is generally the most entertaining round.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
1000001249.png

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Been off the boards all day and evening but I have been on a high all day. #winningisfun!

Looking at all we accomplished this year in the development category and still making the playoffs if some great shit! not to mention gaining assets and losing the right ones.

Also we won three straight while controlling our destiny. so did Detroit. The finish was worth the season. But now i want more and i think the Caps can steal a series here against Rags.

IMG_0073.jpeg

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Look, we're just here to have fun and get some experience for the kids. Would be nice to play spoiler but I can't really see them taking more than 2 games at best, the old guys are old enough that this series is really going to wear on them and the young guys are too green to be ready to pick that slack up.

That said, I'm really curious to see how a guy like Protas adapts. The guy has a great approach to board work and keeps players away that would have chances with a smaller opponent, and he's about to take a lot of physical business. I want this to be his exposure to how to play with edge and give it back, because if that unlocks he's going to be a monster.

At any rate, getting the kids some playoff experience is so much better for their offseason approach and how to actually be "ready"... the Caps have already won, what happens here is just gravy. I know I'll still be sweating the games when they're on but at the end of the day the losses just won't sting the same way.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It’s funny … the lot of us are all saying the same thing “eh, it’s house money, won’t hurt too much of things don’t work out…”

But hell, if they lose in say 6 and 2 of the losses are in OT and the Rags hurt some of our players etc etc etc.

I’ll be spitting mad when they lose. LOL. Hopefully it just won’t “stick” as long. 🕺🏻🕺🏻

Reactions: TheSmokingMan

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
It’s funny … the lot of us are all saying the same thing “eh, it’s house money, won’t hurt too much of things don’t work out…”

But hell, if they lose in say 6 and 2 of the losses are in OT and the Rags hurt some of our players etc etc etc.

I’ll be spitting mad when they lose. LOL. Hopefully it just won’t “stick” as long. 🕺🏻🕺🏻

Even with no expectations, the emotions will be running high for sure. We're going to experience lots of highs and lows in the next 2 weeks. The difference here is that the lows won't really have long lasting ramifications and implications for the franchise.

The old guard has already won their cup so there's no ticking clock like what we felt with Ovie pre 2018. The young guys are just getting their feet wet and win or lose the experience they get will be invaluable to the teams future. They'll have plenty more opportunities in the future.

Nobody expected this, not even most of us die-hard fans, so let's just enjoy the ride while it lasts. How much fun will this be if we can bloody the league's best regular season team in the process!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Even with no expectations, the emotions will be running high for sure. We're going to experience lots of highs and lows in the next 2 weeks. The difference here is that the lows won't really have long lasting ramifications and implications for the franchise.

The old guard has already won their cup so there's no ticking clock like what we felt with Ovie pre 2018. The young guys are just getting their feet wet and win or lose the experience they get will be invaluable to the teams future. They'll have plenty more opportunities in the future.

Nobody expected this, not even most of us die-hard fans, so let's just enjoy the ride while it lasts. How much fun will this be if we can bloody the league's best regular season team in the process!
You know the old Thoreau quote against fighting of the dying of the light for the vets. That Ovie smile at the bench that one resonated with me cause there was some wisdom in that smile. A complete understanding there are just some moments left in the pro sports career.

Should mention good lord 30s is young in the game of life.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
There are only 4 guys on this team that have won a playoff series in Washington. Most of these guys haven't won an NHL playoff series ever. Culture atrophies if it isn't maintained.
Yeah, but outside Ovi, Oshie, Carlson and Wilson they have some veterans with deep runs like Kuemper and NAK for Colorado and Max Pac with Vegas and Montreal. Also a lot of them have at least been on winning runs in AHL and Strome with Erie Otters etc.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Blues fan here to root for you guys and my boy Chuckie Sideburns this playoff run!

Lets go caps!
lets go Chuckie!

Our brothers in the West.

Expectations naturally super low for this series. But at least four more games and also good for the younglings that won the calder cup last year to get a taste of actual NHL playoff hockey.

First round in the NHL playoffs is generally the most entertaining round.

For my money, the NHL first round is the best in all of sports!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
There are only 4 guys on this team that have won a playoff series in Washington. Most of these guys haven't won an NHL playoff series ever. Culture atrophies if it isn't maintained.

The AHL Calder Cup experience should help a ton, especially after that epic game 7. It's not the SCP, but it's still experience and being in a highly stressful sports event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad