Series Discussion: M1: New York Rangers, a subsidiary of Tom Wilson Real Estate, Inc vs WC2: Perpetrators of Horrifying Acts of Violence

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Just want to use this moment to say...

F the Tank Brigade!

LGC!

OV.2024-04-16.ClinchingWC2.jpg

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Rangers are a paper tiger. Too top heavy, not enough scoring depth. It’s all PP1 plus Laf. Once they run into a team with a shutdown pairing and good PK, it will really put their team in a bind and they’ll have to hope that Shesterkin outduels the other goalie.

The pity is the Caps aren’t the team with the elite shutdown pairing or PK. Lindgren and timely defense should help them steal a couple games. I expect more of what we saw in the regular season, a couple narrow wins and then some really ugly losses. I just hope that losing to Lavi isn’t too embarrassing.

The first 2 games in NY could be brutal, but I’m hoping for a bounce back game 3 at home and then maybe stealing a win in game 5.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pressure-free hockey here. They should start very physically to try and get Rangers off their game. All the pressure is on them.

This has been a brilliant season for the Caps already. A+. They've inserted youth all over the line-up. They gained more future assets at the deadline. Carbery has been a great hire and he should be Jack Adams -finalist. Now they get to give their kids the valuable Playoff experience.

Hoping to see Leonard here.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
What better way to get over a national championship loss than join a team trying to go on a run in MSG? In all seriousness I hope he does what he feels is best for his career

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
reverse 2009 series. Federov game 7 game winner. Should have never gone 7 but they had peak Lundqvist
I just rewatched that goal and a 39 yo Feds accelerating and shooting like that... Man!

We have other veterans now, not as fast :laugh: but able to step up when it's needed too. Whatever the outcome, the kids will learn a lot about themselves and the high stakes hockey, a lot will change next year.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
First time that the Caps are in PO and I'm not nervous. 0 expectations.
I would even say -37 expectations :laugh:
I just hope to get some laugh during the series. Like Wilson hitting legally their players to drive them crazy and their fans.
Want some Ovi goals too.

I would start to get in usual PO nervous mode if we lead this series 3-2 and we score first in G6.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
Reposting from the General Discussion thread as it's more appropriate here:

Hoping Sandin and Jensen are ready to go for Game 1 (as admirably as Iorio and McIlrath have filled in).

Funny that Patches turned down a deadline deal to go to the Rangers and now plays them round 1. He wanted to go to Florida but they acquired Tarasenko instead.

Storyline-wise we also have the Lindgren Family Feud, Tom Wilson continuing to terrorize the Rangers, and Connor McMichael getting revenge on Lavi lol.

Usually I’d be worried about a 3-4 day layoff but the Caps badly need the rest. Let’s take Game 1 and then who knows.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
The Rangers are a paper tiger. Too top heavy, not enough scoring depth. It’s all PP1 plus Laf. Once they run into a team with a shutdown pairing and good PK, it will really put their team in a bind and they’ll have to hope that Shesterkin outduels the other goalie.

The pity is the Caps aren’t the team with the elite shutdown pairing or PK. Lindgren and timely defense should help them steal a couple games. I expect more of what we saw in the regular season, a couple narrow wins and then some really ugly losses. I just hope that losing to Lavi isn’t too embarrassing.

The first 2 games in NY could be brutal, but I’m hoping for a bounce back game 3 at home and then maybe stealing a win in game 5.

Yep you nailed it. Unfortunately I don’t think the Caps have the scoring ability to win 4 games.

Out of the top teams in the conference the Rangers are their best shot to win. Mediocre 5on5 and rely on their PP and goaltending.

We have seen the Caps over the years come into the playoffs with a top PP and then the game gets called differently and the PP success rate also dropped.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Anyone got a recommendation for good spots to watch the games in dc?
idk man .. we should get a watch party going

Who owns a boat?

---------------------------------

We dont do well against fast or offensively talented teams. We do well vs the Bruins of the world.

Im guessing Rangers win in 5, their fanbase will do a macabre that they have long waited for.

Is what it is. Ill enjoy the Ovi and JC and Oshie and CMM and Strome and Milano and Dowd and fehervary goals are hopefully we win one at home for the home crowd

Reactions: kicksavedave

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The one thing I'll say for this Rangers team, in comparison to the Young Guns-era Caps, is that they have an "it factor" goaltender. Aside of arguably Varlamov for a brief period (much of which he spent injured), the Capitals didn't have that until the Holtby years. So it's possible that Shesterkin bails them out if their top six goes cold.

Reactions: capsdom86

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I just rewatched that goal and a 39 yo Feds accelerating and shooting like that... Man!

We have other veterans now, not as fast :laugh: but able to step up when it's needed too. Whatever the outcome, the kids will learn a lot about themselves and the high stakes hockey, a lot will change next year.

man, i forgot how fast OV was. quick as shit to the celebration

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I still think a tank would have been better long term, but that ship has sailed. It is nice to be looking forward to playoff games and not having an ounce of worry or concern. This is all house money. More Ovie goals and I would love to see a kid or two blow up and take that next step

Reactions: toolboyy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad