GDT: LXXXI | "Closing Time, You Don't Have To Go Home But You Can't Stay Here" | Oilers @ Coyotes | 4.17.24 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(49-25-6) --vs-- (35-41-5)

Game Day: Wednesday April 17th '24
Game Time: 8:00PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

extralarge.png

Adam Henrique - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Warren Foegele
Dylan Holloway - Ryan McLeod - Corey Perry
Mattias Janmark - Connor Carrick - Connor Brown

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Brett Kulak - Vincent Desharnais
Philip Broberg - Troy Stetcher

Calvin Pickard

-----

extralarge.png

Clayton Keller - Alex Kerfoot - Nick Schmaltz
Lawson Crouse - Logan Cooley - Dylan Guenther
Matias Maccelli - Jack McBain - Josh Doan
Liam O’Brien - Michael Carson - Aku Raty

JJ Moser - Sean Durzi
Juuso Valimaki - Michael Kesselring
Vladislav Kolyachonok - Josh Brown

Connor Ingram

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Gagner & Erne called up from Bako. Likely in tomorrow to rest others.

• 'til next time, Yotes.

Last edited:

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
This will be the Edmonton Oilers 3rd time destroying a franchise. Skating over the necks of the "Mighty" Ducks, The Cup Favorite Calgary Flames with their Cinderella season and now putting the Coyotes to sleep. Next up is Vegas! lol

Reactions: Oilers in NS

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Closing Time

I love this artist. Not everyone’s cup, I get it. When I first saw this video years ago, it always reminded me when a guy eats a pickled egg or sausage from a jar like that in a bar it probably can’t be a turn on for the gals to smell his breath, right?

Reactions: Louis Cypher

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Man what happened to Tim Hortons.

I was there the other day and they had like only 5 different kinds of shitty pre-frozen donuts to choose from. I had the apple fritter. It’s a shadow of what the old apple fritter used to be. That was a manhole cover of sweet doughy fresh apple cinnamon greatness. The new one is a tiny rectangle of frozen apple puke.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I was there the other day and they had like only 5 different kinds of shitty pre-frozen donuts to choose from. I had the apple fritter. It’s a shadow of what the old apple fritter used to be. That was a manhole cover of sweet doughy fresh apple cinnamon greatness. The new one is a tiny rectangle of frozen apple puke.
So it goes with the chicory, er I mean freshly brewed coffee then?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I love this artist. Not everyone’s cup, I get it. When I first saw this video years ago, it always reminded me when a guy eats a pickled egg or sausage from a jar like that in a bar it probably can’t be a turn on for the gals to smell his breath, right?
I'm a huge Cohen fan, his writing and voice is just sublime. I also love hard rock/metal, blues, etc.

• Love
Reactions: brentashton

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Hopefully Bettman isn't commissioner for much longer, what's left for him to do, find a way to get in on that fentanyl revenue?
Guys a dinosaur. From saying “hockey is for everybody” then eliminating any sign of LGBTQ in the game to “managing” games- the guys time is up

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I'm a huge Cohen fan, his writing and voice is just sublime. I also love hard rock/metal, blues, etc.
Yep. His lyrics are without competition. I know he has the most recorded song in history by other artists but there’s a reason for that. Hallelujah is just hauntingly magic.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not gonna dance or piss on any graves. I remember 1998 and Les Alexander. I hope the fans in Mullet get a good game.

I’ve seen a ton of games in Phoenix between the downtown rink and the one out in Glendale. Had a lot of fun watching the Oilers down there and always bought a 6 to 10 pack where you could choose your own games. Lots of good memories but sadly crap ownership and bad location sunk the team in a tough hockey market.

Utah should be interesting next year. Deep pockets and a lot of up and coming talent should see a marked improvement on the ice.

That said I hope the Oilers wipe the ice with them tonight, get the playoff juju going!

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’ve seen a ton of games in Phoenix between the downtown rink and the one out in Glendale. Had a lot of fun watching the Oilers down there and always bought a 6 to 10 pack where you could choose your own games. Lots of good memories but sadly crap ownership and bad location sunk the team in a tough hockey market.

Utah should be interesting next year. Deep pockets and a lot of up and coming talent should see a marked improvement on the ice.

That said I hope the Oilers wipe the ice with them tonight, get the playoff juju going!
Yep. Of all the owners they ever had, Meruelo proved himself to be the greasiest of all snake oil salesman. I saw games at all 3 arenas and Mrs Brent and I actually have Yotes jerseys that we keep in Az for when we would attends games, just to be supportive of the “home team”. Ive also had a few family friends who have played for the team as well as a friend that worked for them back in the developmental Tkachuk, Roenick days.

It’s unfortunate that it came to this.

That said, they absolutely assumed the Tempe vote was a slam dunk and put zero effort into it. For that reason alone, AM should not be given another chance at a franchise in the valley. i feel bad for the players but more so for the ancillary staff and real fans (and there are lots). They lose.

The players will be ok with Ryan Smith and Utah, he’s doing things right.

Reactions: Summer Rose

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Nice to see Nurse sitting this one out. Would have liked drai and Nuge to sit out as well. Hopefully it's full on AHL tomorrow in Colorado.
Oh and keep kerfoot away from our players.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013

The only people who seem upset about this are the snowbirds. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad