GDT: LXII | "2½ Hours Where Nothing Exciting Happens" | Oilers vs. Wild | 6:00PM | SN-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(17-34-10) --vs-- (31-21-7)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: February 24th 2015
Game Time: 6:00 PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: Sportsnet Oilers
Streamed:
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=2014-2015 LEAGUE STANDINGS]
RK | TEAM | GP | W | L | OT | PTS | ROW
27th|
large.png
|58|21|30|7| 49 |17
28th|
large.png
|60|20|33|7| 47 |16
29th|
large.png
|61|17|34|10| 44 |12
30th|
large.png
|60|17|38|5| 39 |10
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Benoit Pouliot - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Teddy Purcell - Derek Roy - Matt Fraser
Ryan Hamilton - Matt Hendricks - Irio Pakarinen
Luke Gazdic - Boyd Gordon - Rob Klinkhammer

Oscar Klefbom - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Mark Fayne
Andrew Ference - Jeff Petry

Ben Scrivens
Richard Bachman
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=WILD PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Zach Parise - Mikael Granlund - Justin Fontaine
Nino Niederreiter - Mikko Koivu - Jason Pominville
Thomas Vanek - Charlie Coyle - Jordan Schroeder
Stephane Veilleux - Erik Haula - Kyle Brodziak

Ryan Suter - Jonas Brodin
Marco Scandella - Mathew Dumba
Nate Prosser - Christian Folin

Devan Dubnyk
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Title autofilled after the roman numerals. Used it last season, seemed spot on, recycled it.

- Dubnyk is going for his 6th win against us this season. [spoil]He's going to get it.[/spoil]

- Lineups will be updated after morning skate. Yak is questionable after tweaking something last game. UPD: Fraser replaces Yak, Petry back in, Osterle out.

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Such a conventional way of looking at standings.. :-/
For us Oilers fans teams should be flipped with BUF at top and games should say 22 for BUF + ARI and 21 for EDM.

Jun 9, 2011
Hope Yak is ok. It worries me if he isn't on the ice for a couple of reasons: they might keep him out of the lineup to trade him (TDD jitters), he needs shoulder surgery :sarcasm: ok leg surgery..

We use our AHL guys quite a bit, hope we don't neglect it by trading all our picks away.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Can't we space out these games against Minny a little bit? Not looking forward to another horribly boring loss.

Wild fan here and I feel the same. Against the Oilers, all the Wild have to do is sit back and wait for them to give them goals - and the Oilers have been in a giving mood for many years now. Maybe tonight at home, they will liven things up for the home crowd.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
With Yak out, Matt Fraser takes his place on the 2nd line.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Wild fan here and I feel the same. Against the Oilers, all the Wild have to do is sit back and wait for them to give them goals - and the Oilers have been in a giving mood for many years now. Maybe tonight at home, they will liven things up for the home crowd.

The wild are not as boring as they once were but anyone arguing that they were not the most boring team by a MILE in the league for years under Lemaire is totally fooling themselves. Just awful hockey games for years. Hey embrace it, it kept you guys competitive for a long time. Each and every oiler fan would be pleased to play boring hockey if we won.

Also, what, no thank you for the oilers single handedly getting your scrubby butts back into the play off race by giving up on dubnyk? Talk about a lack of gratitude.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
The wild are not as boring as they once were but anyone arguing that they were not the most boring team by a MILE in the league for years under Lemaire is totally fooling themselves. Just awful hockey games for years. Hey embrace it, it kept you guys competitive for a long time. Each and every oiler fan would be pleased to play boring hockey if we won.

Also, what, no thank you for the oilers single handedly getting your scrubby butts back into the play off race by giving up on dubnyk? Talk about a lack of gratitude.

They were an expansion team - choice was to lose every game or play tight defense and win some games. It may have been boring for opposing teams, but winning is never boring for the fans of the winning team.

They are a totally different team now. They are fairly well balanced - talent on defense and talent on offence. They play well defensively but also play well offensively. Very aggressive fore-check nothing at all like the Lemaire years. They clog the neutral zone, but so does every single team in the league. Their stats in all regards indicate that they play a very balanced style of game.

Regardless, most fans do not see the Wild play more than a few times a year and will always blather about "trap this" and "trap that" without even knowing what a "trap" is. Strictly reputation based.

I am listening to the Edmonton TSN radio guys right now.....same old...."As soon as the Wild get a one goal lead they will just trap you to death...." Completely untrue and indicative of the level of knowledge of the guys I am listening to.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
They were an expansion team - choice was to lose every game or play tight defense and win some games. It may have been boring for opposing teams, but winning is never boring for the fans of the winning team.

They are a totally different team now. They are fairly well balanced - talent on defense and talent on offence. They play well defensively but also play well offensively. Very aggressive fore-check nothing at all like the Lemaire years. They clog the neutral zone, but so does every single team in the league. Their stats in all regards indicate that they play a very balanced style of game.

Regardless, most fans do not see the Wild play more than a few times a year and will always blather about "trap this" and "trap that" without even knowing what a "trap" is. Strictly reputation based.

I am listening to the Edmonton TSN radio guys right now.....same old...."As soon as the Wild get a one goal lead they will just trap you to death...." Completely untrue and indicative of the level of knowledge of the guys I am listening to.

Sorry dude but your team totally earned it's reputation. It will take some time before you buck that perception. You are very far from a team like Nashville for instance. Once had the same rep or similar to Minny, within one year they are looked at totally different.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Sorry dude but your team totally earned it's reputation. It will take some time before you buck that perception. You are very far from a team like Nashville for instance. Once had the same rep or similar to Minny, within one year they are looked at totally different.

I think the Wild pretty much are totally different too. Could have 4-5 20 goal scorers if Vanek and/or Pomminville steps it up, and Mikko Koivu's having an off year.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
PVR is set to record so I can FF through commercials, talking heads inane drivel, etc. Won't waste more than 70 minutes of my life that way. LOL.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

What does the hockey they played under Lemaire have to do with now though?

Every time the Oilers play the Wild, Oiler fans start tossing rocks around in their glass houses based on a stereotype that is as out of date as "Rexall has the best ice in the league".

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Yech Minny is my least favorite team to watch and the Oilers never beat them. Think I will skip this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad