Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I just noticed, i don't have a full roster, need a center

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Alright, so does anyone want to help me figure out the poll system?
We need to get all the rosters updated and ready for voting.
If you need a hand I can help out. I vaguely remember last year having a voting system where you would rank each team in their division. Then based on their respective finishes for each person, they get a number of points. Example
Pacific
1.Calgary - 6
2.Vancouver - 5
3.SJ - 4
4.Edmonton - 3
5.Anaheim - 2
6.Arizona - 1
7.LA - 0

And you add up the points for everyones votes. So then each team in each division is ranked

1.Calgary - 48
2.Edmonton - 47
3.Vancouver - 43
SJ - 35
LA - 32
Arizona - 28
Anaheim - 27

So you would have the #1 in each division, and then the 2nd and 3rd seeds who would also make it.

Wildcard would be where it gets a bit tricky. You could choose the 2 teams that missed their division playoffs based on their score, but that isn't necessarily the best. What if say in the above scenario, LA had a really good team that was better than most of the Centrals teams, but because the Pacific was stacked, LA ended up having less points than say Chicago in the Central who also missed the playoffs and had less points. For me, there could be two ways to do wild card.

1. Use the above scenario (ie. The 2 teams with the highest points based on ranks that missed their division make the wildcard spots.)

2. After voting on the makeups of the division, have another vote for the wildcard spots in each conference. Essentially, everyone would only vote for two teams in each conference for the wildcards and the two teams who get the most votes make the wildcard spots.

Just ideas I had for voting purposes. Either way, let's get this show on the road!!

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Made that trade because I went over the cap. I thought I could fool everyone and put steen at 5.6 but realized that trymakin would've found due to sim my team was over the cap

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
If you need a hand I can help out. I vaguely remember last year having a voting system where you would rank each team in their division. Then based on their respective finishes for each person, they get a number of points. Example
Pacific
1.Calgary - 6
2.Vancouver - 5
3.SJ - 4
4.Edmonton - 3
5.Anaheim - 2
6.Arizona - 1
7.LA - 0

And you add up the points for everyones votes. So then each team in each division is ranked

1.Calgary - 48
2.Edmonton - 47
3.Vancouver - 43
SJ - 35
LA - 32
Arizona - 28
Anaheim - 27

So you would have the #1 in each division, and then the 2nd and 3rd seeds who would also make it.

Wildcard would be where it gets a bit tricky. You could choose the 2 teams that missed their division playoffs based on their score, but that isn't necessarily the best. What if say in the above scenario, LA had a really good team that was better than most of the Centrals teams, but because the Pacific was stacked, LA ended up having less points than say Chicago in the Central who also missed the playoffs and had less points. For me, there could be two ways to do wild card.

1. Use the above scenario (ie. The 2 teams with the highest points based on ranks that missed their division make the wildcard spots.)

2. After voting on the makeups of the division, have another vote for the wildcard spots in each conference. Essentially, everyone would only vote for two teams in each conference for the wildcards and the two teams who get the most votes make the wildcard spots.

Just ideas I had for voting purposes. Either way, let's get this show on the road!!

Awesome. Do we vote publicly?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Everyone send a PM to Neo following the format the ED kindly explained for every division. Neo will tally up all the votes and form a bracket following the NHL's format (ie. 1st in pacific vs. wildcard, 2nd in pacific vs. 3rd in pacific, etc.)

Good luck, and be honest.

I think the tiebreaker should be most points not including your vote, then going to a full 1v1 revote to decide ties.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Everyone send a PM to Neo following the format the ED kindly explained for every division. Neo will tally up all the votes and form a bracket following the NHL's format (ie. 1st in pacific vs. wildcard, 2nd in pacific vs. 3rd in pacific, etc.)

Good luck, and be honest.

I think the tiebreaker should be most points not including your vote, then going to a full 1v1 revote to decide ties.

Wild cards will be decided after the initial voting is finished (top 3 in each division).
We have some MIA GM's right now (Chet) who won't be voting, so voting will be reflective of that.

I feel like we need to PM everyone in the league just so they know the voting has started.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Wild cards will be decided after the initial voting is finished (top 3 in each division).
We have some MIA GM's right now (Chet) who won't be voting, so voting will be reflective of that.

I feel like we need to PM everyone in the league just so they know the voting has started.

I'm not talking about wildcards, I'm talking about tiebreakers FOR wildcards. There was one last year.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
found an issue on my roster, my last selection was Lawson Crouse and he is already on someone else's roster. Changed the pick to Kamenev if Canuckking can make the change on my roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad