LW/RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019, 2nd, NYR) Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
It is quite clear that AHL would do only good for him.
Top minutes, little easier and slower game. More success and less pressure.

Personally I think he should stayed in Finland one more year.

Would make sense if he would'nt have made any progression at all. But he has. You'll be eating your words soon enough:)

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

And what is in you mind clear that AHL is the answer when you look at his last 4 games. Which have been overall great.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

I've been reading some of your comments here and I don't know what to say really. You're either trolling or out to lunch entirely.

Kakko is already playing the NHL game and he's been getting 15-20 minutes per game of late, which is more than enough. He doesn't need more time adjusting or getting accustomed to the smaller rinks to be a factor. Right now he is already helping his team a lot and is a huge piece in the NYR roster as it is (that includes the consideration of lack of depth). I've watched all his games so far and the way he's been trending, there's not a slightest question of Kakko belonging. I would suggest you doing the same before posting here cluelessly.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
I've been reading some of your comments here and I don't know what to say really. You're either trolling or out to lunch entirely.

Kakko is already playing the NHL game and he's been getting 15-20 minutes per game of late, which is more than enough. He doesn't need more time adjusting or getting accustomed to the smaller rinks to be a factor. Right now he is already helping his team a lot and is a huge piece in the NYR roster as it is (that includes the consideration of lack of depth). I've watched all his games so far and the way he's been trending, there's not a slightest question of Kakko belonging. I would suggest you doing the same before posting here cluelessly.

Ok.
I just think his stride is way to slow and a year in easier competition would do fine. More time to train those weakspots also.

I have seen quite a few games and if you Reed my comment it is not all bashing the kid.

Just same constructive critisism as usually. I try to look players objective way.

That usually seems to start Finnish defence forces.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
He is not lightning up but his game has improved lately. Not gonna have that 50+ point season this year but will get better game after game.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
And like I 'predicted' a disappointing season would be in the cards.

''I really think he's going to have a bit of stage fright for some reason at the beginning and post a disappointing season of 35-45 points.
Then again I really haven't watched him too much outside the WJC and the WHC and TPS-Kärpät matches.

I'd be delightfully wrong though if it came to Kakko having a season of PPG or close to it. That's already one of the best Finns in the league as a rookie at 19. That would be historic for the modern NHL Finnish production.''

It wasn't based on facts or expectations at the time, but I really didn't see much behind the hype. He's probably going to become a top 6'er though, that's not a thing I'd like to bet against on right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No send him to the AHL!

What has changed? He unfortunately again looked invisible at ES, and excelled where we know he’s already good at. He has 2 ES points in 15 games. He’s struggling to make an impact at ES.

The game is too fast for him. I know people like you are very concerned with contests against Hughes, so you’d see it as a huge loss if he was sent to the minor leagues, despite it being a better environment for his long term development, but some of us want to see the team succeed long-term.

I couldn’t care less how he fares compared to Hughes. Hughes doesn’t play for the Rangers, therefore I really don’t care how they choose to develop him. I’d prefer my team not force our most promising prospect to play in a league he’s struggling with when we see an obvious example of the contrary with Chytil’s development this season.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If you get over 5 minutes of PP time you absolutely should get your name on the board. He did, so good for him, but that was to be expected.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
He does not have a lot of confidence on his shot, that and skating is something to focus on improving. He often passes when he should shoot.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Well he did a nice goal. Thats about it.

He was invisible most of time and quite timid in defence.

Yes i know, but playing with Howden doesn't help him to be visible when he can't ever get the puck. Howden didn't win one single faceoff in the ozone that i saw. But yes Kakko has not been the guy that makes stuff happen alot on that line. No one has. As of now Kakko needs the puck in the ozone to get his things flowing, as that is what his strongest area is. He does need to work on his neutral and d zone.

But you really have to take all factors to the table before you start calling him invisible. He's doing something right when he's still getting goals. A couple things that i've noticed is that Kakko is adjusting to smaller ice surface and pace of game, he has shown flashes of what he can do and he even has had a couple games where he has been solid all game. He also isn't even close to physically mature yet and his stamina seems to get low when he has to be the guy that plays all alone with useless Howden. NHL is the place for him to develop, i see no negatives with him learning like he is now, except for having to play with Howden.

Last edited:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
What has changed? He unfortunately again looked invisible at ES, and excelled where we know he’s already good at. He has 2 ES points in 15 games. He’s struggling to make an impact at ES.

The game is too fast for him. I know people like you are very concerned with contests against Hughes, so you’d see it as a huge loss if he was sent to the minor leagues, despite it being a better environment for his long term development, but some of us want to see the team succeed long-term.

I couldn’t care less how he fares compared to Hughes. Hughes doesn’t play for the Rangers, therefore I really don’t care how they choose to develop him. I’d prefer my team not force our most promising prospect to play in a league he’s struggling with when we see an obvious example of the contrary with Chytil’s development this season.

Why are you bringing up Hughes into this lol, i'm actually all neutral on Hughes and idc either, dunno what the hell your'e on about. Yes he has struggled producing at ES but your the one looking at the whole picture black and white. He has been good at 5v5 a couple games not too far back, for the duration of the whole game FYI. To me that tells me that he has the ability to be effective 5v5. The coach need to figure it out, and KK too. Because it will happen trust me.

And now your generalizing all finnish posters as we all somehow only care how he fairs against Hughes, lmao. For now NHL is the place for him to develop, if it werent, he would'nt still be playing there.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He does not have a lot of confidence on his shot, that and skating is something to focus on improving. He often passes when he should shoot.

He gets tired real quick on his shifts.

If past tells anything things should change in few months time.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If you get over 5 minutes of PP time you absolutely should get your name on the board. He did, so good for him, but that was to be expected.

Anaheim Ducks powerkill under Carlyle and Boudreau say hi. Plus Team Finland in a many international tournaments over the years in all age groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad