LW options

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Per Lebrun, Ducks are one of the teams looking to sign Lucic. BM in his comments, stated he knows he has a goalie and a lot of young D, which he needed to turn into assets. BM also stated he has to move some contracts to be able to afford the left shooting LW he desire. Is it possible Fowler is moved for picks/prospects, Cogs, Bieksa, Stoner's contracts are somehow discarded and we sign Lucic? That would be a twist.

Other options:
Lou Erikson
Skinner
Tatar
Hall
Nichushkin
Pastarnak
Staal
Boedker
Ladd
Versteg

I'm not against Lucic at all, but my main target would be Tatar.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Would prefer Lucic to Eriksson, to be totally honest. Would prefer Perron or the trade route to both of them though. The cap crunch is on and its real.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Eriksson would be pretty good, but that's a LOT of cap. The guy wants 6.5M doesn't he?

He does, but I think the issue is he wants 6 years. I think he's a great fit too, but hasn't he had a lot of injury issues? Great two way player. I could get on board with it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Let be reality. Unless we move Bieksa, Stoner and one of Fowler/Despres We can't afford either.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
If Fowler is moved for just picks and prospects I am going to lose it. We need to keep Fowler and trade 2 of Bieksa,Despres,Stoner. We can trade Despres without having to trade picks away to do so another team would be willing to take a chance on him. Bieksa or Stoner we probably have to add a pick to get rid of so we should do so.

It shouldn't matter if the LW shoots right or left it is about how good he is and how well he would play for us so because of that just sign Perron who worked well for us stick with what you know worked.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Given what Lucic will want, Bob will have to lose his mind to go down that road. Although I suppose he could have a lot in common with Stoner a couple of years after signing a new long term deal.

If Bob's willing to pay that kind of money then he should try to work a deal with Fowler+ for RNH and put Ricky permanently on wing. We could have a seriously strong 3rd line next year and have a C ready to move into the top 6 when the old guys start moving down.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Getting Lucic gives Carlyle an ideal player to win the cups.
Would still split of Perry and Getzlaf

Perry Kesler Lucic :yo:
Rackell Getzlaf Ritchie?

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
There's always the possibility that Murray signs a pricey free agent, back loads the contract, then just exposes them for the exp. draft. That's an ugly play from many angles, but it would be interesting, a notable top line player with term would be enticing for Vegas I'm sure.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
There's always the possibility that Murray signs a pricey free agent, back loads the contract, then just exposes them for the exp. draft. That's an ugly play from many angles, but it would be interesting, a notable top line player with term would be enticing for Vegas I'm sure.

I'm guessing every prominent free agent is going to demand an NMC for year one. Maybe more, but especially that one.

As far as the Lucic talk, it's funny because Custance figured we might/would be in on Eriksson and Boedker as well in his top 25 article today. Seems doubtful, but who knows, maybe this is what Bob meant.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
IMO that's mostly a rather err "ambitious" list of players, considering known finances and Murray's past record. In real life terms, both Perron and McGinn belong there all right as realistic options. Likewise Girgensons.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Perron? Anybody?

He's a right shot, which BM said he's targeting a left shot. Could circle back to him depending on who we sign or trade for, but BM definitely has 1-2 guys in mind if he's making that comment.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
IMO that's mostly a rather err "ambitious" list of players, considering known finances and Murray's past record. In real life terms, both Perron and McGinn belong there all right as realistic options. Likewise Girgensons.

BM said he wanted a high level left shot LW. Don't know if all I listed or high level, some are potential guys. Perron is a right shot and McGinn isn't a high level player. BM went into the offseason with a plan to change the roster. Last time he did that, we ended up with Kesler. So his track record would show he's willing to pull in a big player when he sets his mind to it.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013

He might bring in Girgs, but Girgs is a 3rd line center and is at his ceiling there. Doesn't help us with a high level left shot LW.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Not a top LW but I guess we could try to get Maroon. It is not like we are not already paying for him. He would fit in Carlyle's system. Maybe a pick or a prospect.

It would be pretty funny if it happened.

John

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
BM said he wanted a high level left shot LW. Don't know if all I listed or high level, some are potential guys. Perron is a right shot and McGinn isn't a high level player. BM went into the offseason with a plan to change the roster. Last time he did that, we ended up with Kesler. So his track record would show he's willing to pull in a big player when he sets his mind to it.

We got Kesler a year after he said that but yea.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Not a top LW but I guess we could try to get Maroon. It is not like we are not already paying for him. He would fit in Carlyle's system. Maybe a pick or a prospect.

It would be pretty funny if it happened.

John

I mean, Dirk would be down.

^^ Custance has a source w the Ducks so I don't think he's purely speculating. So does Kevin Weekes for some reason.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber

Ahh right, Perron is a rightie of course. But regardless, my bet is that "high level" will translate to a ~4M guy at most, not a 6+ Hall or Duchene or Lucic. I have nothing to back this view up with of course, it's just my finger in the wind appraisal of financial wiggle room and Murray's past form. I think Kesler was a huge exception as Murray went really hard after him, explicitly persisting from TD to offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad