LW Michael Dal Colle (2014, 5th, NYI)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think he may carve out a career like Brett Connolly which is not really something you want out of the 5th pick overall, but maybe isn't won't be as big a bust as some were saying this summer
Would be a cheap cost controlled guy that can find a spark at times, would love that.

Reactions: SI90 and PWJunior

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I think he may carve out a career like Brett Connolly which is not really something you want out of the 5th pick overall, but maybe isn't won't be as big a bust as some were saying this summer

Considering who was drafted after him, it's a borderline bust still, but at least you get 40 cents back instead of nothing.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Scores another two goals in his next game.

Thats 5 in 2 games

I was this guys biggest critic and I still think he is underwhelming relative to his draft position, but he is starting to really rack up points. It looks as though will make it as an NHL player in some capacity after all, although his weak skating will likely keep him from being the top-six guy we had hoped for.

Last edited:

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Scored his first NHL goal tonight. His skating is night and day compared to last year and he’s playing really well with Filppula and Komarov.

His skating is much improved. Still reaches a lot instead of moving his feet.
Seems a little smaller/lighter than his NHL time last year. Maybe smaller pads?
Someone who watches Bridgeport know? Did he slim down?
Either way he def worked on his skating over the summer.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
New York Islanders Prospects: TSP - Last Word on Hockey

Can someone confirm LWOH skating evaluation of MDC?

''Dal Colle is a very good skater. He has a good stride which provides him with very good top-end speed and excellent acceleration.''

Then you go to Dobber and you get this:

Michael Dal Colle

''In order to maximize his value, Dal Colle needs to be shooting the puck a lot more. Something that is affected by his footspeed. He’ll need to find another gear if he wants a shot at being an everyday player.'' Cam Robinson Apil 2019

Every comments I read here says his skating is his biggest issue.

He makes me think of a poor man Galchenyuk. Great offensive tools, but poor skating.

He did very good in the AHL last year, seems like he's booming now.

Taking the next step in a top 9 role with NYI, or skating is still an issue?

Thank you in advance.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
New York Islanders Prospects: TSP - Last Word on Hockey

Can someone confirm LWOH skating evaluation of MDC?

''Dal Colle is a very good skater. He has a good stride which provides him with very good top-end speed and excellent acceleration.''

Then you go to Dobber and you get this:

Michael Dal Colle

''In order to maximize his value, Dal Colle needs to be shooting the puck a lot more. Something that is affected by his footspeed. He’ll need to find another gear if he wants a shot at being an everyday player.'' Cam Robinson Apil 2019

Every comments I read here says his skating is his biggest issue.

He makes me think of a poor man Galchenyuk. Great offensive tools, but poor skating.

He did very good in the AHL last year, seems like he's booming now.

Taking the next step in a top 9 role with NYI, or skating is still an issue?

Thank you in advance.

His skating will always be an issue, but it has improved significantly... from crap to average. He has gotten stronger and is very lanky, uses his reach to offset his lack of short area quickness.

Trotz seems to love him, plays a smart game. This year could be his big shot at a regular role.

Reactions: Peeps and Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad