LW Maxim Beryozkin - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL (2020, 138th, EDM)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was a big fan of his in his draft year. A big believer on his upside. I’d like to toot my own horn and brag about that but I also loved Ivan Didkovsky and thought he could be a fantastic checking line winger in the NHL. Never got drafted. Haha.

The other day, I was bragging about how much I loved Josh Davies in his draft year. I forgot to mention that I liked Jake Sloan more than Parker Bell that year too. Haha.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I was a big fan of his in his draft year. A big believer on his upside. I’d like to toot my own horn and brag about that but I also loved Ivan Didkovsky and thought he could be a fantastic checking line winger in the NHL. Never got drafted. Haha.

The other day, I was bragging about how much I loved Josh Davies in his draft year. I forgot to mention that I liked Jake Sloan more than Parker Bell that year too. Haha.
Just recently it was announced Didkovskiy is retiring at the age of 21 due to unspecified yet apparently serious health issues, so it might be that was the root cause after all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I always watch for this guy because you were so high on him at his draft year, @Caser .

Seems like he is doing alright. Also seems like he has the sort of game that the Oilers could use.

Reactions: Caser

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
If he wants to come over for the 2024-25 season, he'd have a chance to audition for several W roles on the Oilers, ranging from 4RW, up to 2RW. In all likelihood, he's probably not ready to just step right into the NHL and never look back, so he'd have to be willing to play in the AHL for up to a year. Assuming he signed the same ELC as Khusnutdinov, he'd get $92.5K signing bonus, plus $80K in the AHL. From what I can tell, he's making about $250K USD in the KHL, so he'd need about 10-15 games in the NHL to earn an equal amount. We could get him a little more, probably about $100KUSD, if we sign him this year sometime after Apr. 30th, but before July 1. That seems pretty reasonable to me. I hope he gives it a shot.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If he wants to come over for the 2024-25 season, he'd have a chance to audition for several W roles on the Oilers, ranging from 4RW, up to 2RW. In all likelihood, he's probably not ready to just step right into the NHL and never look back, so he'd have to be willing to play in the AHL for up to a year. Assuming he signed the same ELC as Khusnutdinov, he'd get $92.5K signing bonus, plus $80K in the AHL. From what I can tell, he's making about $250K USD in the KHL, so he'd need about 10-15 games in the NHL to earn an equal amount. We could get him a little more, probably about $100KUSD, if we sign him this year sometime after Apr. 30th, but before July 1. That seems pretty reasonable to me. I hope he gives it a shot.
He almost surely won't, as his KHL contract is through 2024/25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad