Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Not my top pick but no question he'll compliment Bennett very well

Gaudreau-Monahan-XXX
Tkachuk-Bennett-XXX
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik

The making's of a very strong forward core.

Aug 3, 2010
He can third wheel his way alongside Gaudreau-Monahan as much as he wants, as far as I'm concerned. I don't really see him alongside Bennett to be honest - too similar types of players on a single line usually means their games don't compliment each other so well. Still, he's what we need especially if he's willing to switch to right wing.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Tkachuk on sportsnet sounds super pumped to be a Flame. Says he wanted to be a Flame from the start(or something like that)

Similar to what Monahan said when he was drafted.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Tkachuk on sportsnet sounds super pumped to be a Flame. Says he wanted to be a Flame from the start(or something like that)

Similar to what Monahan said when he was drafted.

Similar to what most top picks say :laugh: but in this case it's probably true. Look at the teams around us...

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
I truly thought he was out of our range. Happy to get him. Better hands than i thouht too. He will be all over out lineup I think, maybe as soon as next season?

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He's got the skill to play on the top line. But personally I think a Tkachuk-Bennett-Shinkaruk would make a great line. They all are super gritty and competitive. And are super dangerous down low. Now we just need that top line RW...

Aug 3, 2010
I truly thought he was out of our range. Happy to get him. Better hands than i thouht too. He will be all over out lineup I think, maybe as soon as next season?

Highly doubtful, unless the Flames move a forward or two. I think he'll join Calgary as a full-timer in 2017-2018, alongside Jankowski.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd lean towards him making the team out of camp, if his skating is okay. The Flames aren't that deep up front and a sheltered third line role alongside Bennett wouldn't hurt him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Things will be different this time!

:laugh:

I'm definitely intrigued. Next season for him will be particularly interesting, since (assuming he's in the CHL) he'll be the primary offensive threat on his team. Can't complain about getting the guy who was considered the consensus 4th pick for the longest time.

Although Dubois was my first preference, the Flames got one of the Dubois/Tkachuk/Nylander trifecta, which is nice. And he interviews way better than Nylander does. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad