LW Matthew Knies - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2021, 57th, TOR)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
The curse continues. It’s mind boggling.

Amirov cancer
Robertson major injury after major injury
Knies absolutely dominating. Boom, hurt, changes everything.
Ian Scott forced to retire injuries

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Sorry to hear about Knies, never want to see anybody get injured. Especially not a young guy just getting acclimated. May the hockey gods smile upon him and heal him quickly.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Another Gopher favorite Nick Bjugstad's career was derailed by injuries starting with a concussion. I sincerely hope there are no lingering effects for Knies as his career has just begun. Not even 20 yet.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He needs more, than 12 minutes per game.
Yeah, unfortunately for him Bert and Domi were given the two top 6 LW spots to start the year but neither have done much with that opportunity so I could see Knies starting to get some more ice time.

He was also playing with a 19 year old rookie C his first 4 games so Keefe was likely hesitant to play them much.

Reactions: shaner8989

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He's getting better every game right now. Strong night against Dallas despite only getting 13min TOI.

Really nice to have a guy with this size and skill playing on the 3rd line and PK. Good progression so far, becoming a pro quickly.
I agree. My hope is eventually they give him a shot with Matthews and Nylander. I think Knies would be the perfect compliment to those 2 because Knies is so good at holding on to the puck.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Knies is exactly in line with expectations which is good. Fans gave Leaf fans shit last TDL for not wanting to trade Knies as if we thought he was this top 5 player and we said at the time it is not that it is how he plays the game.

Well how he plays is a welcome addition to our middle 6. Puck hound, strong on the puck and able to win board battles and forecheck great. And he has good offensive IQ and skillsets that when he is on the ice with good players he can be more than a grinder and make plays.

He will be a solid top 6 power forward for us.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Knies is exactly in line with expectations which is good. Fans gave Leaf fans shit last TDL for not wanting to trade Knies as if we thought he was this top 5 player and we said at the time it is not that it is how he plays the game.

Well how he plays is a welcome addition to our middle 6. Puck hound, strong on the puck and able to win board battles and forecheck great. And he has good offensive IQ and skillsets that when he is on the ice with good players he can be more than a grinder and make plays.

Most fans were pretty happy to keep Knies.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Most fans were pretty happy to keep Knies.
I think they are saying people were shitting on Leaf fans for wanting to keep Knies at the deadline.

I got shit on by St. Louis fans last TDL for not wanting to move Knies in a deal for Tarasenko lol this place is wild.

"Leaf fans overrating their guys once again". Nah, anyone who watched college hockey knew that Knies had a pro-style and the right body and tools to adapt quickly.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I think they are saying people were shitting on Leaf fans for wanting to keep Knies at the deadline.

I got shit on by St. Louis fans last TDL for not wanting to move Knies in a deal for Tarasenko lol this place is wild.

"Leaf fans overrating their guys once again". Nah, anyone who watched college hockey knew that Knies had a pro-style and the right body and tools to adapt quickly.

I'm just saying most of the feedback here and elsewhere I read suggested we were pretty happy with the additions of Schenn, ROR, Acciari, and McCabe, and all while not giving up Knies.

Reactions: smitty10

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

He will keep getting better and better as the season goes on.. the first few games this season it looked like he was still settling in and wasn't overly noticeable but now he's playing well and is effective

He's such a perfect player for the Leafs to have

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

No way I would have given up Knies for a f***ing rental, personally. Not a chance.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Teams like never give up their best prospect for rentals lol. People on these boards just get ridiculous at times. Say leaf fans overrate tf out of Knies yet still demand him in trade proposals.. Odd.
The funniest part is that they so badly want to trade for a prospect that is apparently so overrated

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Steal of the draft? Wyatt Johnson might have something to say about that but Knies was making a good case for it last night with the Gordie Howe hatrick.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Teams like never give up their best prospect for rentals lol. People on these boards just get ridiculous at times. Say leaf fans overrate tf out of Knies yet still demand him in trade proposals.. Odd.
Well it does happen, Washiy gave up Filip Forsberg for Erat, as one example, of a player, there are others.

Not to mention what some of the first rounders turn into.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad