LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Did Hrudey really just blame that Braun goal on Gaudreau??? Man he and Kypreos are insufferable. The implication that he is anything but exceptional is his own end is ludicrous.

Hrudey "How long does it take to learn defensive responsibilities?"

Kypreos "Some players never learn . . . they need to learn that the play doesn't end when the puck is off their stick."

These guys are a bunch of mental midget . . .

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
They pointed out a mistake made by Gaudreau. It was perfectly valid.

He can still be criticized for the mistakes he makes, you know.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
They pointed out a mistake made by Gaudreau. It was perfectly valid.

He can still be criticized for the mistakes he makes, you know.

Don't really know what else he could have done there. Russell gave him a tough pass with a man right on his back. He's able to keep the puck along the boards as it gets poked back to Russell. At this point Gaudreau is at full speed.

Russell then gives it away again. Jooris (the center) stays too high, Giordano misses an assignment, and Gaudreau has to loop around the net. He gets back to Braun as soon as he can. Really not much he could have done more. Not his best play, but there really wasnt much he could do.

And then to use that as evidence that Gaudreau doesn't know how to play defense? Its laughable.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Did Hrudey really just blame that Braun goal on Gaudreau??? Man he and Kypreos are insufferable. The implication that he is anything but exceptional is his own end is ludicrous.

Hrudey "How long does it take to learn defensive responsibilities?"

Kypreos "Some players never learn . . . they need to learn that the play doesn't end when the puck is off their stick."

These guys are a bunch of mental midget . . .

While I haven't seen the discussed play, I completely agree with the opinion that Healy is a moron. Absolutely horrible.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Don't really know what else he could have done there. Russell gave him a tough pass with a man right on his back. He's able to keep the puck along the boards as it gets poked back to Russell. At this point Gaudreau is at full speed.

Russell then gives it away again. Jooris (the center) stays too high, Giordano misses an assignment, and Gaudreau has to loop around the net. He gets back to Braun as soon as he can. Really not much he could have done more. Not his best play, but there really wasnt much he could do.

And then to use that as evidence that Gaudreau doesn't know how to play defense? Its laughable.

He needed to stick with his man. He left him. You don't do that in the defending zone. It was a bad play, he will be shown the clip by Hartley and staff.

Does it take away from everything else he has done? Of course not. Is he bad defensively? Absolutely not. Did they say he was? Not that I recall. Was it worthy of having a segment on it? Probably not. Was still a mistake, and they were still 100% right.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Solid game; again wish he could have shot the puck quicker a few times, but he'll keep progressing.

The panel was right, Johnny cheated as soon as he saw Russell with the puck to immediately go back into the stretch break-out position rather than seeing the pressure and sticking to the Dman who chased him in.

That said goal is on Russell who although being the Flames darling cause we don't pay him a ton/ got him for next to nothing/ skates really well/ chips in a bit offensively
should not be playing top 4 minutes on a playoff team.

Kypreos is still terrible and I found it funny that the panel sat in order of Cox -> Kypreos -> Stroumboulopoulos -> Hrudey -> Friedman

stardefender*

Here's his goal from last night:

[NHL]2014020401-433-h[/NHL]

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I believe tonight is the first time Johnny Hockey will be on national TV in the US. Fitting that it comes on the same day as Johnny Football's first start.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Seeing as how the turnover came on a blown tire, and otherwise Johnny was, yet again, the best forward on the ice for the Flames...

Yeah we arent worried

stardefender*

Don't mind Lemmy, he's just back to vent. Go two pages back and you can see what he's all about.

Aside from the play where he fell and Chicago scored, he was one of the Flames best players yet again.

Here's his apple from tonight, another beauty:

[NHL]2014020449-280-h[/NHL]

Johnny is now at 6 goals and 17 assists in the 26 games since he sat (5 games in). That's a 70+ point clip over a full 82 game season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Even the best players make bad plays. Tough luck for Johnny but he was Calgary's most dangerous forward all night, as he is on most nights.

23 points in his last 26 gp. Probably pretty likely that he breaks 40 :sarcasm:

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Even the best players make bad plays. Tough luck for Johnny but he was Calgary's most dangerous forward all night, as he is on most nights.

23 points in his last 26 gp. Probably pretty likely that he breaks 40 :sarcasm:

But I thought he was going to get snapped in half because the NHL is very hard.

Yeah, he has 23 points, but just wait until he plays against real NHL defencemen.

DoubleDouble*

He's fun to watch, that's for sure. I'm still not 100% sold on him being able to keep up his current production but I kinda want to see him prove me wrong.

stardefender*

He's fun to watch, that's for sure. I'm still not 100% sold on him being able to keep up his current production but I kinda want to see him prove me wrong.

Not really sure where you get this from... he's undersized and learning the pro game, and doing so while putting up nearly a point a game clip (forgetting the first five games of the season).

He's only going to get more comfortable, more experienced, and will play with better players on an improving team.

Most people are beginning to think if he's playing this well as a 21 year old rookie, how good can he be a few years into his pro career?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
te next Gaudreau thread needs to be named

Johnny Five.... 5 Alive

shortcircuit6.jpg

stardefender*

Gaudreau continues to be one of the only bright spots on forward for the Flames as they've sputtered down to earth looking like the rebuilding club they are.

Despite this, each night Gaudreau seems to be one of - if not the - best forward they have.

His give and go goal with Hudler from tonight was just one of many plays like this he makes game in and game out:

[NHL]2014020489-611-h[/NHL]

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Gaudreau continues to be one of the only bright spots on forward for the Flames as they've sputtered down to earth looking like the rebuilding club they are.

Despite this, each night Gaudreau seems to be one of - if not the - best forward they have.

His give and go goal with Hudler from tonight was just one of many plays like this he makes game in and game out:

[NHL]2014020489-611-h[/NHL]

Beauty

stardefender*

Hudler's backhand pass was more impressive. Still nice goal though.

It was a great sequence from both of them, and that video doesn't contain the beginning of that cycle the two of them had going. They both seem to find each other with passes like that regularly.

I think Calgary needs to put Monahan between them and leave them be a while. I like Jooris's hustle, but so many plays die on his stick because he can't think the game the same way Gaudreau and Hudler do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad