LW Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2020, 48th, MTL, traded to ANA)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What a disappointment and overall invisible player he's been this post season. That being said it just goes to show how good of a damn good team Hamilton is.

Last edited:

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
What a disappointment and overall invisible player he's been this post season. That being said it just goes to show how good of a damn good team Hamilton is.
He’s been playing injured (shoulder) almost the entire playoffs, and some opponents have tried targeting the shoulder since. Prior, he was one of Hamilton’s top (and relied upon) face-off guys until a shoulder injury and has taken very few face-offs since. Glad to see him score in game 7 though!

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He’s been playing injured (shoulder) almost the entire playoffs, and some opponents have tried targeting the shoulder since. Prior, he was one of Hamilton’s top (and relied upon) face-off guys until a shoulder injury and has taken very few face-offs since. Glad to see him score in game 7 though!
This. He has been playing hurt. He played a great game 7, took several hits to make plays, had a few scoring chances. He clearly wasn't himself earlier in the series, but he stuck with it. If he can get hot, the Bulldogs would have 3 scoring lines again, which was partly why they rolled through the first three rounds in sweeps. He's a talented kid, good luck in the Memorial Cup to him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If this guy plays more than a handful of games in the NHL I will be surprised. If he becomes something good, I will eat my hat.
You drafted him high in fantasy or something?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No but I watched every single playoff Hamilton game.

I'm definitely not saying he's going to win the Rocket or Art Ross. More a bottom 6 type player in NHL (if ever) but I hope you're not basing it on Memorial cup games where is he playing hurt either.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm definitely not saying he's going to win the Rocket or Art Ross. More a bottom 6 type player in NHL (if ever) but I hope you're not basing it on Memorial cup games where is he playing hurt either.
Nah I watched a lot of games for McTavish. Well see.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would think over 30 goals in 60 games would impress you before he got hurt.

He's definitely no McTavish though! He could be a great top 6 guy.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

If I take into account his performances in the national team, then every time in an important tournament he was really a big disappointment for me. I don't see anything special about him, he was always an absolutely average player and it started at HGC. But maybe I'm just too skeptical about the "development" of many Czech prospects.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If I take into account his performances in the national team, then every time in an important tournament he was really a big disappointment for me. I don't see anything special about him, he was always an absolutely average player and it started at HGC. But maybe I'm just too skeptical about the "development" of many Czech prospects.
It is hard on Czech teams because they team absolutely suck so the players don't look good.

I think he's a bottom 6er one day and a decent one. But I don't see him ever being a 50 point guy in NHL... I could also see him flaming out and going back to Europe after AHL.

I will say... He seems to have a great attitude and work ethic... Those intangibles people love

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It is hard on Czech teams because they team absolutely suck so the players don't look good.

I think he's a bottom 6er one day and a decent one. But I don't see him ever being a 50 point guy in NHL... I could also see him flaming out and going back to Europe after AHL.

I will say... He seems to have a great attitude and work ethic... Those intangibles people love
I don't agree with that very much. When we had a team and an attack with Nečas, Zadina and Kaut with coach Pešán (lol), they played great. When they put together Kulich, Šalé, Šapovaliv, Hamara, they played well again, at least in overpowering games, but such Kulich also prevailed in the 5 on 5 game, not only at the World Championships, but also at the HGC. Myšák was invisible in every tournament. But I will hope that a miracle will happen, after all. It's just hockey ..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If this guy plays more than a handful of games in the NHL I will be surprised. If he becomes something good, I will eat my hat.

He should easily play a handful of NHL games in a few years, he was banged up in the 2nd half, took 2 big hits that he missed time for and then I believe he was injured in the playoffs. I'm not a huge fan, but he clearly did not look right in the playoffs and i've showed a few vids of him being hit and having to leave the game and then missed time. His lack of size, strength is a concern for someone that isn't a great skater but he works hard and is skilled.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nečas, Zadina and Kaut with coach Pešán
They did well but got slaughtered in Semi's and Bronze game.. doubt they got many points in those games.

Then they came back under Varada and all played poorly.

Using U20 - we have very few Czechs with a .ppg average over the last decade.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
They did well but got slaughtered in Semi's and Bronze game.. doubt they got many points in those games.

Then they came back under Varada and all played poorly.

Using U20 - we have very few Czechs with a .ppg average over the last decade.
So Zadina gave 2 goals to Canada, that's enough for me. And why should the fact that we didn't win a medal mean that we all played badly? Or don't I know what that meant? The tournament was the last in a long time and the first in a long time when the team had clear individualities.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

He is the kind of player that has leadership, play the right way and has a decent scoring touch, I like the comparison with Lehkonen. He could be a very useful 3rd liner on a good team and see some PK time.

Reactions: Czechboy and Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad