LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024 draft)

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He’ll have great success in the NHL i’m pretty sure. He’s not only scoring with his shot but he goes around the net also.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm sure the team who takes him in the end of the top 10 or just outside will be ecstatic to get that type of player there, but I just don't see a team taking him very high this year. Probably comes into the conversation when the top Ds are all gone.

Reactions: Leto

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I'm sure the team who takes him in the end of the top 10 or just outside will be ecstatic to get that type of player there, but I just don't see a team taking him very high this year. Probably comes into the conversation when the top Ds are all gone.

2-12 are all pretty talented but flawed in some noticeable way. Consensus won't mean much ... a team might have one dude at #12 that another team has at #2.

Really, if a GM and his scouts are like, "this is the next Bossy/Hull" then they have to take him, even if they're at #2. Don't risk someone else seeing the same thing if you trade down and miss out.

Reactions: BerthMania

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
2-12 are all pretty talented but flawed in some noticeable way. Consensus won't mean much ... a team might have one dude at #12 that another team has at #2.

Really, if a GM and his scouts are like, "this is the next Bossy/Hull" then they have to take him, even if they're at #2. Don't risk someone else seeing the same thing if you trade down and miss out.
I don't think flawed is the right term for 2-12 it's just that the #1 guy is basically a lock to become an NHL star, some other guys might but they aren't locks.

What about 25 with hagens what a great U-18 he is having.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I don't think flawed is the right term for 2-12 it's just that the #1 guy is basically a lock to become an NHL star, some other guys might but they aren't locks.

I guess it just feels like the reason 2-12 feels so jumbled is that there's usually a tier of a couple guys above that who are missing this year. And that the group of 10-11 is usually a smaller group of 4-6 guys. The BPA doesn't usually become so murky so early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad