LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024 draft)

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
The most hyped prospect coming out of Massachusetts since Eichel. Has dominated the MA hockey scene for years. Had every program that matters recruiting him to come play for them this year including prep schools, AAA and hockey academies before ultimately deciding on Shattuck.

Through 16 games, he leads SSM U14 with 35G, 15A & 50Pts. Has an incredible shot, dynamic player, really good usage of edges, powerful skater. Will be exciting to watch him develop

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
The is the most hyped prospect coming out of Massachusetts since Eichel. Has dominated the MA hockey scene for years. Had every program that matters recruiting him to come play for them this year including prep schools, AAA and hockey academies before ultimately deciding on Shattuck.

Through 16 games, he leads SSM U14 with 35G, 15A & 50Pts. Has an incredible shot, dynamic player, really good usage of edges, powerful skater. Will be exciting to watch him develop

Quite amazing start for this season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
15-16 : 6 goals in 6 Brick Invitational games

17-18 : 14 goals in 6 WSI games... the next best goal scorer of his team had 4 goals...
- led the entire tournament in goals, even thou had 2-3 games less played what most

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Liam Smith

May 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Believe it or not, I live just down the street from this kid. I don’t know him personally, but he seems like a nice, humble kid. The numbers he puts up are incredible, and it would be awesome to have someone being drafted into the big league from Newburyport again.

Yes, Shane Eiserman is his brother.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Has a definite size and strength advantage over his peers right now. Hard to ignore those numbers though
Yeah, he’s had a crazy size advantage for a couple years. With that skating, he scores a lot of goals by skating fast and cutting in on defensemen that just don’t have the same muscle yet. That doesn’t really work at higher levels, but the skating and shot is already special. I’ll be looking to see how his assist production increases this year before I agree with early talk of him as the early top 2024 prospect in NA.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He has a good size but it's not like he's a giant, either. He's 5'11 and not much bigger than the other top forward prospects on his team (Aidan Park, Macklin Celebrini). It's something to certainly consider, along with many other things when talking about 14 year old prospects, but it hasn't affected him thus far this season as others are closing the size gap.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
He has a good size but it's not like he's a giant, either. He's 5'11 and not much bigger than the other top forward prospects on his team (Aidan Park, Macklin Celebrini). It's something to certainly consider, along with many other things when talking about 14 year old prospects, but it hasn't affected him thus far this season as others are closing the size gap.

He is noticeably thicker and simply stronger than everyone else right now though. He can score, but there have been too many cases of players at 14 fizzling out that im not sold on him yet

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He is noticeably thicker and simply stronger than everyone else right now though. He can score, but there have been too many cases of players at 14 fizzling out that im not sold on him yet

I'm not arguing that anyone should be "sold on him" as a prospect. It's rare that one should be sold on a prospect that young. But context is important. The way people talk about Eiserman you'd swear he's like 6'2 and 200.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Honestly haven’t been keeping track of him but heard of him in the 2024 thread. 70 points in 24 games looks impressive. Could someone more knowledgeable quantify just how impressive that is for me hahaha.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Honestly haven’t been keeping track of him but heard of him in the 2024 thread. 70 points in 24 games looks impressive. Could someone more knowledgeable quantify just how impressive that is for me hahaha.
With the caveat that impressive stats as a 14-year-old are just that -- and not a sign of what kind of player he will be in 5-10 years -- it is pretty damn impressive.

Other players you might have heard of who played for Shattuck-St.Mary's 14U AAA at age of 14 include:

Nathan MacKinnon 58 GP 54G 47A 101 Pts in 2009-10. (It's worth noting that MacKinnon didn't lead the team in scoring, Taylor Cammarata did with a whopping 170 points. He was an Isles third-rounder in 2013 and has yet to play above the ECHL as a pro.)

Oliver Wahlstrom (Isles 1st rounder) 65 GP 68G 46A 114 Pts in 2014-15.

Clayton Keller 60GP 58G 71A 129 Pts in 2012-13.

Jordan Greenway 60GP 52G 74 A 126 Pts in 2011-12.

Conor Garland 52GP 65G 51A 116 Pts in 2010-11.

Scott Reedy, someone you might not have heard of, put up similar numbers in 2013-14. 65GP 56G 69A for 125 Pts.

Eiserman's numbers are better than all of these guys, but that only means he was a more productive 14-year-old. Still, lots of reasons to be excited and enjoy watching him develop over the next few years. Hearing he is a lock for NTDP in 2022-23.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope this guy is the next Matthews/Eichel. We haven't had a prospect of this level since those two. It'll be 8/9 drafts by Eiserman's draft. Considering that you probably don't see a prospect that good every draft and Americans's shouldn't be a player of that caliber more than one every four times, it's not that unlikely that it'd be 8/9 drafts between Matthews/Eichel and the next American superstar prospect, but we gotta start producing the next prospect of this caliber. It mostly on matters that these guys pan out in the NHL, but we need to start showing that we can produce 1OA caliber talents with some consistency. I know some tried to hype Hughes at the level of Matthews/Eichel, but I thought he was clearly at least a tier lower than those guys.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
It is wrong to bury Jack Hughes already. Or else an oversight.

Either way, you won't forget the phenomenal hype that was around this player. He was the player who had the biggest hype since Connor McDavid. Even more than Auston Matthews.

The number of views on eliteprospect reveals this hype very well.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
It is wrong to bury Jack Hughes already. Or else an oversight.

Either way, you won't forget the phenomenal hype that was around this player. He was the player who had the biggest hype since Connor McDavid. Even more than Auston Matthews.

The number of views on eliteprospect reveals this hype very well.
I didn’t know you see how many people viewed a player. Is that a bonus feature?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad