LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
What a rise. Just like the D, there seems to be no consensus ranking between Catton, Lindstrom, Demidov, Sennecke, Iginla, Helenius, and Eiserman. It's all over the place.
Would love to hear a team's discussion choosing among

Sennecke, Iginla, and Brandsegg-Nygård.

For me, each has an argument for being inside the top 10--but there are substantial differences in play style and upside.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Sennecke seems like to much of a project to be drafted in the top 5, I think he will be picked in the 9-15 area.

He's a very intriguing player but he is a twig and will probably need a couple 2-3 years of training before he comes into himself.

A lot of the teams in the top 10 either NEED to make the playoffs next year or feel like their nearing the end of their "Rebuild/retool" and want results fast.

-Hab's are in the middle of their rebuild so they could possibly go for him.
-Seattle maybe?
-San Jose would make sense
-same with the Blues

Whoever does pick him will definitely reap the rewards though as He's the type of player that will definitely rise in any redraft years later.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sennecke seems like to much of a project to be drafted in the top 5, I think he will be picked in the 9-15 area.

He's a very intriguing player but he is a twig and will probably need a couple 2-3 years of training before he comes into himself.

A lot of the teams in the top 10 either NEED to make the playoffs next year or feel like their nearing the end of their "Rebuild/retool" and want results fast.

-Seattle maybe?
-same with the Blues

Whoever does pick him will definitely reap the rewards though as He's the type of player that will definitely rise in any redraft years later.

I don't think you're wrong about Sennecke's timeline, but there are a lot of players in this part of the draft that are also going to need three + years.

Catton will need a lot of time. Iginla too I think, but not quite as much. Parekh and Yakemchuk are many years away. Even Levshunov and Lindstrom I think will take some time.

Buium, Dickinson, and Silayev are a bit closer to their ceilings, as are Brandsegg-Nygard and Helenius.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

-Seattle maybe?
-same with the Blues

I'm hearing from, let's say, good but not great sources, that the Habs are very interested in Sennecke.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
You can’t essentially swap where we think Sennecke will go and where the perceived Eiserman will be.

Honestly do think Sennecke goes in the 6-12 range now and Eiserman around 15ish.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What a rise. Just like the D, there seems to be no consensus ranking between Catton, Lindstrom, Demidov, Sennecke, Iginla, Helenius, and Eiserman. It's all over the place.
Demidov and Lindstrom are still ahead of the rest for now anyways. Sennecke might join them, but that's about it. The rest are likely a quarter tier below.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I saw Grant McCagg on the Sick/Recrutes podcast. He featured Sennecke and said that he is in the mix with Demidov, Lindstrom and Iginla as the next forward taken after Celebrini and would not be surprised to see him gone at the second pick.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Many think that Ritchie is the steal of the 2023's draft, a top 10 if the draft would be done again. What do you think about his impact on Sennecke? After all, bot players are realy similar on the model they are. The point is you dont want to hit the Scott Glennie of Brayden Schenn, the Danny Roussin of Sid the Kid, the Kevin Stevens of Lemieux. You want the Jagr. So even if I would be thrilled to use a top 13 pick for him, not sure about wasting a shot to top 5 for him like some people are telling here.

That said, I realy like the player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Many think that Ritchie is the steal of the 2023's draft, a top 10 if the draft would be done again. What do you think about his impact on Sennecke? After all, bot players are realy similar on the model they are. The point is you dont want to hit the Scott Glennie of Brayden Schenn, the Danny Roussin of Sid the Kid, the Kevin Stevens of Lemieux. You want the Jagr. So even if I would be thrilled to use a top 13 pick for him, not sure about wasting a shot to top 5 for him like some people are telling here.

That said, I realy like the player.

Looking at Sennecke's skills I'd say he is the Jagr of the duo.

Ritchie is like the Ron Francis.

So they're both good.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Sennecke is very thin, but still physically imposing. This is going to be very enticing to scouts because he has a lot of room to fill out. He is a tall kid with elite stick-handling abilities. His balance can be poor at times. He has really good hockey IQ and the compete is showing in the playoffs. He kind of reminds me of Elias Pettersson in his draft year because they were both very thin, tall, and late risers. If he wins the OHL cup because of him, don't be surprised to see this kid in the top 8 of the draft

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad