LW Andrew Basha - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
One of a few west end Calgary 05's that I always thought were impressive. Seems to be leapfrogging the other ones now.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
2A tonight, but more importantly, they were wearing these jerseys for charity.

IMG_3497_s550.jpg

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Any reason why he was a 5th rounder in the WHL draft, College concerns maybe?

That whole crew all went 3rd Round and later for whatever reason. His draft year ('20) was the first year he seemed to catch some of his now peers (he only played AA Royals in 2019), so that might have been part of it.

Reactions: wetcoast

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Basha > Lindstrom imo
None of the physical gifts but much more consistent. Really great motor and so good at dishing the puck to high danger areas. Great shot too. Complete dual threat offensively. His wheels and motor make him a fantastic PKer, too. I think he could potentially be a 1st rounder. There’s no chance he gets drafts ahead of Lindstrom. Basha is probably a more effective WHL player this season. But the draft is about projection. Every NHL team takes Lindstrom first, I’d wager. Unless there are some off ice reasons Lindstrom falls or something like that. Or if something drastic changes.

But I like Basha a lot. Really impressive player. Fun to watch too. Easy to like.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
None of the physical gifts but much more consistent. Really great motor and so good at dishing the puck to high danger areas. Great shot too. Complete dual threat offensively. His wheels and motor make him a fantastic PKer, too. I think he could potentially be a 1st rounder. There’s no chance he gets drafts ahead of Lindstrom. Basha is probably a more effective WHL player this season. But the draft is about projection. Every NHL team takes Lindstrom first, I’d wager. Unless there are some off ice reasons Lindstrom falls or something like that. Or if something drastic changes.

But I like Basha a lot. Really impressive player. Fun to watch too. Easy to like.

The comment was probably jumping the gun, right now I'd say Basha is a better player than Lindstrom at this level but ultimately your projecting & your right he doesn't have the physical tools so.. no doubt Lindstrom will be picked first, not even a question.

And that could very well prove to be right, Lindstrom even as a middle 6 FWD will be a very valuable player. But Basha has alot going for him too, the big edge being that he processes the game alot quicker than CL imo. You really see it in his playmaking ability.

He'll be a 1st rounder too imo, lots to like about both players.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad