Injury Report: Lupul

MapleLeafGardens*

It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Lupul > leafs are jinxed?

MajorityRules*

It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Could have swore someone posted proof that the majority of Phaneuf's shots were in fact on net and this wild shot theory was incorrect.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.

Phaneuf just injured his own teammate with a wild slapshot that would have sailed over the net anyhow.

He just cost the Leafs millions in lost labor production from Lupul...which added to his contract would amount to over $9 million.

So this is the most expensive player the Leafs have ever had...and I'm sorry but he is just not good enough to warrant that kind of money.

Phaneuf needs to try injuring players NOT on his team. That would actually help the Leafs and add value to his worth to the team.

As opposed to this gross violation.

I'm not here to start any arguments or anything but I totally disagree with you here man. I don't know if you watch hockey a lot but if you do you would not be saying something like this. One of the many jobs of a forward is to create traffic in front of the net to obstruct the goalies vision of play and the puck. Forwards are in front of the net to do that as well as try to deflect the puck and tip it into the net. Players need to get involved in the play the way Lupul was and if that means sacrificing your body then so be it. Lupul tried getting out of the way but when you're in a battle with a defenseman the way he was and with Phaneuf having as hard a shot as he does, its kinda hard to avoid getting hit by the puck like that. No offense dude but if you knew anything about hockey you wouldn't be saying that because that is a very common play in hockey that happens all the time. Phaneuf is one of our best defensemen, has a rocket of a shot, is big and physical and he puts up good numbers and is a great leader so he needs to stay.

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not here to start any arguments or anything but I totally disagree with you here man. I don't know if you watch hockey a lot but if you do you would not be saying something like this. One of the many jobs of a forward is to create traffic in front of the net to obstruct the goalies vision of play and the puck. Forwards are in front of the net to do that as well as try to deflect the puck and tip it into the net. Players need to get involved in the play the way Lupul was and if that means sacrificing your body then so be it. Lupul tried getting out of the way but when you're in a battle with a defenseman the way he was and with Phaneuf having as hard a shot as he does, its kinda hard to avoid getting hit by the puck like that. No offense dude but if you knew anything about hockey you wouldn't be saying that because that is a very common play in hockey that happens all the time. Phaneuf is one of our best defensemen, has a rocket of a shot, is big and physical and he puts up good numbers and is a great leader so he needs to stay.

Honestly this is what he does. He always tries to spin anything negatively towards a leaf player. It's what he does best I guess. In any case don't take what he says that seriously when it comes to his negativity

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly this is what he does. He always tries to spin anything negatively towards a leaf player. It's what he does best I guess. In any case don't take what he says that seriously when it comes to his negativity

Oh I see, ha ha. Oh well, all you can do is disagree I guess. Getting frustrated and arguing on this board is pointless. There will always be people like that but not much you can do. I just felt I had to say my piece since that was a huge overreaction. Do you know if he's even a Leafs fan?

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Oh I see, ha ha. Oh well, all you can do is disagree I guess. Getting frustrated and arguing on this board is pointless. There will always be people like that but not much you can do. I just felt I had to say my piece since that was a huge overreaction. Do you know if he's even a Leafs fan?

Yeah he overreacts a bit but agreed arguing on here is pointless. I don't like assuming things about people so considering he posts on here a bit I'm going to say he is a fan but he sure doesnt act like one so who knows lol

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Yeah he overreacts a bit but agreed arguing on here is pointless. I don't like assuming things about people so considering he posts on here a bit I'm going to say he is a fan but he sure doesnt act like one so who knows lol

All this talk about me is quite negative and I don't appreciate it at all.

I'm simply stating facts.

Phaneuf injured Lupul.

Lupul is a good player worth over $5 million dollars and will miss half the season.

Phaneuf injuring Lupul caused the Leafs to lose $2.6 million in production.

Phaneuf makes $6.5 million to produce and cost the team another $2.6

He is costing the Leafs over $9 million this year which is more than Crosby makes.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Well it wasn't that high -- he hit him in the forearm, not the head.

His forearm was raised up because he was bracing himself.

Phaneuf's shot was completely erratic and reckless.

Keep shooting like that and no one on our team will want to stand in front of the net.

birddog*

Keep shooting like that and no one on our team will want to stand in front of the net.

Look at the replay. It was slightly above his waist.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

no one was in front of the net tonight

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
no one was in front of the net tonight

Glad someone finally acknowledges the truth I speak.

Phaneuf is a problem on the PP.

It is too obvious what their gameplan is (let Phaneuf shoot as much as he wants) and what's worse is now he is injuring our star players.

Time to explore all options with this guy.

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Well it wasn't that high -- he hit him in the forearm, not the head.

I know. I was replying to someone who said that phaneuf always shoots high and wide and that was a fact. Lol maybe you misquoted me?
Glad someone finally acknowledges the truth I speak.

Phaneuf is a problem on the PP.

It is too obvious what their gameplan is (let Phaneuf shoot as much as he wants) and what's worse is now he is injuring our star players.

Time to explore all options with this guy.

First off I want to apologize for my negative comments towards you. They weren't needed. But I have to know why do you not like Phaneuf? It wasn't his fault lupul was doing whay he's supposed to do and that's go to the front of the net. Phaneuf accidentally hit lupul in the forearm. It was an accident. Only in Toronto do we have people wanting to trade out captain because of an accident on ice.

coach519

Nov 9, 2011

Thank you and its because Phaneuf is a moron, no idea where the biscuit is going and he is going to kill someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad