Confirmed with Link: Lundqvist named Vezina Trophy finalist

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Im thinking Lundqvist wins it. I think some GMs are going to give Lundqvist the nod over Bob. Both had almost identical stats but Lundqvist has been consistent for years, which I think they will end up factoring in.

The main board cant understand how Lundqvist was nominated :laugh:

If I lost a brain cell every time I saw a stupid comment in the main boards, I would run out of brain cells within 2.5 minutes.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
There are a lot of dumb posters on the main board but then again, a lot of Rangers posters tend to go over there and make the rest of us look bad

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
This is Bob's tbh.

That doesn't take away anything from Hank. As others have said, he won it last year and is either a finalist or in the conversation pretty much every year.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Would make Bob the first Russian Vezina winner. Finns have Kipper, Swedes have Lindberg and Hank, Czechs have Hasek. Waiting on you, Slovakia.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Philly is truly the goalie graveyard. Bob doesn't have a Vezina season in Philly.
I think the same: there's something fundamentally wrong in Philly with how they treat goalies. On some deep level, the organisation just doesn't get it that you need both a good goaltender and good system to handle the goalies.

I mean, look at Hank, he's the best in the league (based on consist excellence, season after season), and he's constantly working on his game, tweaking this and adjusting that. The Rangers don't rely on him, but with Allaire, they also put him in a great position to succeed.

I don't know if most teams have goalie coaches at this point, and I know teams have succeeded without one, but the Flyers have to have a serious organisational rethink with regard to how they deal with their netminding.

On the other hand, it's the Flyers, so I'm fine if they never figure it out... ;)

*Bob Richards*

I'm pretty stoked that many of your are really pulling for me to win the Vezina but even my vote goes to Hank.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Dunno why people are saying the stats are nearly identical. They're not. .932 and .926 are quite far apart. Both excellent but definitely not a mere negligible different.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hope Hank wins just to see an HFBoards meltdown. It's between him and Bob; Advantages over Bob: Wins, Playoffs, potential EC bias, split vote in WC.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Lundqvist among top three: absolute disgrace.

Mainboard can only think of Rask as a replacement to Lundqvist's spot in the top 3.

Therefore, at worst, a 4th is in the place of a 3rd.

Ya, that disgraceful ****.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Lundqvist among top three: absolute disgrace.

Mainboard can only think of Rask as a replacement to Lundqvist's spot in the top 3.

Therefore, at worst, a 4th is in the place of a 3rd.

Ya, that disgraceful ****.

How can they think of Rask as a replacement of Lunqvist? Bob and Lundqivst are the 2 given finalst however you may think of it, there's really no valid arguments to change that. The 3rd however is between a few.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Hanks not deserving this year......not sure why everyody thinks he is. Its been good, but not god like.

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com
I honestly believe the Hanks wins this in a landslide, regardless of some unlike Lundqvist performances at times this year. I like Bob but CBJ didn't make the dance so y'know...

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
How do you gather the Swedes and the Fins on HFNYR? With any thread about Lundqvist.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Niemi has not impressed me even with his nice looking stats.

His stats aren't even that impressive. Jimmy Howard has identical stats to Niemi.

It should be out of Bob and Hank. Bob has better stats. Hank's team made playoffs. Hank also made 6 starts more than Bob. That has to be taken into consideration. Obviously I want Hank to win but wouldn't be upset if Bob wins it. Certainly well deserved.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I feel as if the GMs honestly don't give a **** about stats that vary with one and another significantly enough only for those of us that love to root for our goaltender. For teams with inferior goaltenders, their fans on average are slightly less familiar or concerned with goalie stat trends of any ongoing season. The parades for Bob will be the deciding factor. Lundqvist has lots going for him as far as impressions are concerned but the heroics of Bob can easily be 1 of the top 5 individual performance stories of the season. For that simple reason, Bob takes it.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This is why I can't take the shortened season Vezina that seriously. You see, the biggest contributor to winning a Vezina is showing you can handle yourself during the course of an entire, grueling season. 48 games are a significant amount, but the separation among the goalies - and the teams - usually start when you reach 60 games played and over. That's why GMs favour workhorses, those elite goalies who you can rely on to be there as a backbone for a significant part of the season.

Hence, which goalies do you find it likely would've been able to post great numbers while being workhorses who have to endure their own cold streaks and the teams' cold streak to a larger extent? If we would've played an entire season, it's likely at least one of this year's finalists would'nt have pulled through and some other risen up through the ranks.

Many goalies are good enough to post great numbers if they play sheltered minutes and don't have to be the clear #1. Only a few can. Some of the sheltered goalies probably can be workhorses, but until they've actually proven it, who cares to speculate?

So yes, I think the "flash in the pan" argument holds more merit now than during a regular season.

Last edited:

Cake or Death

Holtby outplayed Hank the first two games, but Holtby stunk in game three. Hoping for more stinkage...

Lundqvist was outstanding in game two. Holtby didn't even see a shot on goal the final 18 minutes of game play. There's a reason Lundqvist was named first star in the away building, even though the home goalie had an OT shutout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad