The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select.... Luke Tuch

Luke Tuch at eliteprospects.com

Luke Tuch - Elite Prospects.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebs

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Not as much skills than his brother, but more chirpier and more physical.

interesting draft, we see a trend of big body PF.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
The younger brother of Vegas Golden Knights forward, and former 1st round draft pick, Alex Tuch, Luke Tuch is making his own with the US National Team Development Program. He scored 15 goals and 15 assists for 30 points in 47 games this season. Last season the Baldwinsville, New York native put up 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points in 48 games played for the U-17 squad. He also added 83 penalty minutes. Tuch showed more discipline in his game this season, wracking up just 30 penalty minutes. He also represented the US at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Tuch put up one goal in the five-game tournament.

Tuch is committed to playing hockey for the Boston University Terriers next season, an interesting development considering that his brother attended rival Boston College. Should Tuch change his mind and opt to go the CHL route, his rights are owned by the Windsor Spitfires who drafted him in the 13th round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft. When he was younger, Tuch played in the famous Quebec City Peewee Tournament with his Syracuse Nationals team.

Luke Tuch Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #64 - Last Word on Hockey

Reactions: Redux91 and PhysicX

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Not very skilled though for our first 2nd. It's gonna be a safe draft I believe.

Edit : Timmins makes me wrong in less than 2 minutes with the Mysak pick

Last edited:

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'm okay with Tuch. Like there are plenty of players I prefer, but... I can't deny the skillset, and the USNTDP being god awful this year can't have helped his numbers.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Totally fine with that pick.

Not the most talented forward left but a big physical and gritty winger with a mean streak

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He's something we lacked in the organization, not a bad pick. I'm happy with this following the Mysak selection. I think we could have waited till our last 2nd rounder for him but time will tell. Now let's pick Poirier for a homerun swing.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
why not go for Coe if you wanted a power forward in this range? guess we'll see how they both pan out

Reactions: Fenris

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Meh. I like going for raw talent and my personal preference would have been Chromiak. Tuch doesn't seem to have a very high ceiling.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
this may turn out to be the worst draft in Habs history. There has been very little talent available, and just lots of grinders.

We'll see. 2008, 2006, 2015, 2014 are brutal but they also lacked the number of picks we currently got.

Idk the player, so we'll see how he develops, but I hope he's not one of those "he's a gifted athlete" pick, one that supposedly has all the tools but is average* in playing the sport of hockey.

*When I say average, I mean obviously at that level. The guy is obviously far better than I'll ever be at hockey lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad