Injury Report: Luke Philp (Right Achilles- out six months)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_6105.jpeg

Reactions: d rake

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Man, seems like this injury is popping up more and more in sports for some reason.

pnch40

May 31, 2015
I don't care how much a person is getting paid. You will never be the same going under the knife. I hope for his sake post hockey he's able to not have chronic pain the rest of his life. I know all too well from having spinal fusion.
He will make a 99.9% recovery. The 2 injuries you just paired together is like comparing a banana to a snake

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I didn't mean to come off callous but tendon injuries aren't joint back neck or brain injuries. He'll be fine.
Actually, for a sport that involves explosiveness through the lower extremity, an Achilles Tendon tear can be really problematic long term. Hope he is not one of those cases.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Man, seems like this injury is popping up more and more in sports for some reason.
Has something to do with the boots of skates being lighter and more flexible maybe, saw a clip of bauer talking about how they have tech way beyond whats in market but can’t release it without phasing it in as our bodies haven’t adapted to make the jump yet.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm referring to a post talking about having lifelong chronic pain.
You both are right potentially and in reality, as obviously everything is connected but specifically when there’s a lack of stability or weakness that your nervous system detects in your ankle/foot outrightly, your body goes ahead making the decision to displace the load elsewhere to other joints in a matter of hundreds of milliseconds. Cal Dietz from University of Minnesota has a soapbox he will sing to you about it(and several spring ankle exercises you can find on YT), the fun fact he proposes in line with that is that all elite athletes have one thing in common which is they have the strongest feet compared to others. Says something maybe about strome and his generational skating ability etc but the more you know 🌈

Reactions: clydesdale line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad