Player Discussion Luke Kunin

Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
all i think during the draft is.... can someone please invest in better cameras to these places? I get why not, but c'mon. For any draft, hockey fans have it the worst

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
Ive read through this thread. You fellas/ladies who wanted bellows over kunin just aren't familiar with kunin. This kid reeks of Bergeron and Pavelski. You're going to love him.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
This team seems to be aiming to be a Finnish national team with a lot of character and team spirit instead of skill. Has worked fine for us so far.

EDIT: seems like a Coyle with more leadership

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
So many people acting like character/leadership has to be mutually exclusive from skill. How is 19 goals as a freshmen in the NCAA not skilled? How is a great wrist shot/release not skilled?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So many people acting like character/leadership has to be mutually exclusive from skill. How is 19 goals as a freshmen in the NCAA not skilled? How is a great wrist shot/release not skilled?

Not saying that at all; I'd just think the Wild value leadership way too much. The team is full of leadership. Let's see them target something else.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
He has an above average shot, a heck of a wrister and a great slapper.

He gets to the goal scoring areas by instinct, and buries his chances.

Oh, and he's a center who's a great but not elite skater.

And he is total character and motor.

Quani275

Oct 9, 2015
I think the Wild liked Kunin because he is theoretically a year closer to the NHL than Bellows since he's already in the NCAA. Kunin might be able to make the jump to pro with some of our other NCAA talent. Kinda mirrors the group of 2010 draftees we have now.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
You want to cry that we picked a Center that was 3rd among freshmen in the NCAA for goals?

To be fair, I dont much if anything about Kunin.

But like Bobby Mac said, Kieffer was the 2nd best GOAL scorer behind Laine inthe draft.
Yeah hes not a C, but he is the guy i wanted and the goal scorer we surely couldve used.

So yes.. ATM.. I wanna cry cause Minnesota's post is how i feel. MORE LEADERSHIP.. Wooohooo.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
To be fair, I dont much if anything about Kunin.

But like Bobby Mac said, Kieffer was the 2nd best GOAL scorer behind Laine inthe draft.
Yeah hes not a C, but he is the guy i wanted and the goal scorer we surely couldve used.

So yes.. ATM.. I wanna cry cause Generic's post is how i feel. MORE LEADERSHIP.. Wooohooo.

Kunin's best attribute isn't leadership. He has a great amount of that. But his #1 aspect is a 200ft goal scorer.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Not saying that at all; I'd just think the Wild value leadership way too much. The team is full of leadership. Let's see them target something else.

And tbh, we fill the room with "Character" guys.. and we saw the **** show and lack of leadership we say last season.. Im kinda sick of it.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I think the Wild liked Kunin because he is theoretically a year closer to the NHL than Bellows since he's already in the NCAA. Kunin might be able to make the jump to pro with some of our other NCAA talent. Kinda mirrors the group of 2010 draftees we have now.

Kunin said in his interview he expects to go back to Wisconsin for one more year and then hopefully turn pro, which would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad