Recalled/Assigned: Luke Adam recalled on emergency basis (4/4/14)

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 4, 2014) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled forward Luke Adam from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.

Adam (6/18/90, 6’2″, 206 lbs) joins the Sabres for the third time this season, most recently for a one-game stint after being recalled on March 7. He is the Amerks’ top goal scorer in 2013-14, with 27 goals and 47 points through 53 games played this season.

In four seasons with the Sabres organization, Adam has appeared in 85 NHL games and recorded 26 points (15+11). The St. John’s, Newfoundland native was drafted by Buffalo in the second round (44th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and signed a one-year contract with the Sabres in July 2013.
http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2014/04/04/sabres-recall-luke-adam/

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Whenever I hear or read about Luke Adam, I think of Brian Boyle. After accumulating six points in 71 games, in 2009-10, Boyle certainly seemed destined to finish his hockey career riding the buses in the AHL. In the summer of 2010, Boyle spent some quality time with Barbara Underhill, and, thanks to her guidance and instruction, he was able to save his career. In 2010-11, Boyle earned a regular spot with the New York Rangers, and scored 21 goals. That production earned him a generous contract.

Today, Boyle may be little more than a fourth-liner on a good team, or a third-liner on a bad team, but, nonetheless, thanks to the significant improvement of his skating, he is now a legitimate NHLer.

Adam needs to spend a significant portion of this summer with someone like Underhill.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I was thinking laura stamm, but yea, Adam needs a skating coach. He could be serviceable if he had NHL level skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad