Prospect Info: Lukas Vejdemo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Depending on how they deal with Lynch, Hudon, Blandisi or their replacement, we could have a pretty deep team.

Somewhere between 4th line C/W and AHL depth.

I'm pretty sure this is another organisational need on the to do list this off season. You want those prospects to develop, A winning culture in Laval with good leaders setting the right example helps.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I still think he can be a 4th liner/spare type of guy. Would be nice to have one and stop overpaying (Weal) or giving late picks (Ott, King etc.) for that kind of player.

Those tupenof players can easily be signed in the offseason (ex Cousins) or traded for and then flipped (ex Thompson). The problem with Weal is MB overvalued him. The problem with Ott and King is that they were just bad.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Those tupenof players can easily be signed in the offseason (ex Cousins) or traded for and then flipped (ex Thompson). The problem with Weal is MB overvalued him. The problem with Ott and King is that they were just bad.

Having them homegrown save assets and often salary as well. You're not going to flip them (like Thompson) if you are heading in the PO. Of course, getting franchise players is better, but we need more of our prospects to be fringe players instead of straight out busts.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Having them homegrown save assets and often salary as well. You're not going to flip them (like Thompson) if you are heading in the PO. Of course, getting franchise players is better, but we need more of our prospects to be fringe players instead of straight out busts.

Having them homegrown does not save assets when you used a 3rd rounder to get them. Those types of players are usually picked up for a 5th rounder or even less. Given Bergevin does well at finding those types of players I don't consider it an organizational need that we need to use 3rd round picks on.

But I'm glad he's innthe organization as an injury replacement. Still, if a team offers me a 3rd for him (which no team will do) I'll take it.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Having them homegrown does not save assets when you used a 3rd rounder to get them. Those types of players are usually picked up for a 5th rounder or even less. Given Bergevin does well at finding those types of players I don't consider it an organizational need that we need to use 3rd round picks on.

Would I have wanted him to be more than a 4th liner? Yes.
Is it better than drafting a bust like Crisp and having to spend assets on King/Ott? Yes.

As of now from the 3rd round of 2015, only Cirelli is a regular. Only 9 skaters (+2 goalies) have NHL games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Vejdemo is likely Laval bound but imo he's a guy that can step in for a few games on the 4th line and it won't hurt since he's got the physical tools to be an NHL (skating, speed, size) to go with his solid two way play. The problem with him has always been being able to put it all together consistently.

This past season in Laval, before his 2 call ups he was at a .4 ppg but when he was sent down after his 1st call up he was just terrible and dropped down to a .17 though it was just 16 games, then he got called up again and was sent down again for what ended up being just 1 game since then the season was canceled.

If you look closer he's a bit streak,

first 3 game 0 pts
next 5 he gets 4 pts
next 4 he gets 0 pts
next 6 he gets 8 pts
next 12 he gets 4 pts
goes to the NHL for 4 games
next 15 games he gets 2 pts

overall in 16 games he had 19 pts
in 31 games he had 0 pts

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I should say Vejdemo is likely Laval bound if they don't loan him to an club in Allsvenskan. Didn't see that was a possibility but many teams have been doing it. The problem is the stupid NHL needs to make up their f***ing mind, are they going to let players that play in Euro leagues come over and play in the NHL (not sure if that possible rule includes AHL or not)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad