Waived: Lukas Vejdemo on Waivers (Update: Clears And Is Assigned to Laval)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't think he gets picked up...nothing exciting about him for a GM to think he belongs on their 23 man roster

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Hard to believe he will be 26 in january. His window of playing in Montreal is getting smaller and smaller.
I see him going back to Europe and finishing his career there after this year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It’s good thing the NHL is a meritocracy…or else he’d still be at the main camp

Jul 6, 2016
Vejdemo, another failed Swedish drafted player....

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I was surprised he signed with us this year. Thought they might have given him some guarantee that he stays on the roster as the 14th forward, or is a first callup option from Laval.

Apparently not.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was surprised he signed with us this year. Thought they might have given him some guarantee that he stays on the roster as the 14th forward, or is a first callup option from Laval.

Apparently not.

Well being among the first call ups is still a possibility. He would need to clear waivers and be sent to Laval in order for him to be among the first call ups.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Well being among the first call ups is still a possibility. He would need to clear waivers and be sent to Laval in order for him to be among the first call ups.
That's true, although the fact that he's sent down early seems to be an indication that they don't see him as a viable player. We'll see.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's true, although the fact that he's sent down early seems to be an indication that they don't see him as a viable player. We'll see.

Yup. It's up to him to show them in Laval that he should be among the first call ups.

If nothing like that happens, I could see him go back to Europe next year. Similar to how Leskinen opted to go back to Europe after not being able to crack the Habs line-up and only getting a game with Habs last year.

Reactions: Archijerej

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I remember when Timmins said he and his scouts were giddy with excitement for this pick. Good times.
Lol... if I recall correctly it was the same thing with Arvid Henriksen - A dman that other teams overlooked because he was injured

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't recall Timmins being giddy over Vejdemo or Henrikson. I do recall him saying that Rockstrom thought Vejdemo was a late bloomer and I believe it was said that he pounded on the draft table as he wanted MB to trade for a 7th round pick to get Henrikson. I don't know why Rockstrom still has a job with us let alone gets promoted.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I low key had a feeling a team might take a chance on him. It's good for Laval if nothing else, he was one of the unsung heroes for them last season in my book.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I don't recall Timmins being giddy over Vejdemo or Henrikson. I do recall him saying that Rockstrom thought Vejdemo was a late bloomer and I believe it was said that he pounded on the draft table as he wanted MB to trade for a 7th round pick to get Henrikson. I don't know why Rockstrom still has a job with us let alone gets promoted.

this, Rockstrom is living off his greatest hits

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

He’s the worst hire. Living off the fact he found Lidstrom in the middle of nowhere. I mean, congrats, but in 2021 you can’t just travel to remote Sweden and be the only scout that watches a player.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I like Vejdemo, but I think he will never be NHL regular.

At his age, unless he becomes one of those rare fews who suddenly have an epiphany and understands how to change their game according to NHL standards, you may well be right. For some reasons, while Poehling was better in the last game, I eerily saw glimpses of what I see in Vejdemo.

Reactions: Agalloch

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
At his age, unless he becomes one of those rare fews who suddenly have an epiphany and understands how to change their game according to NHL standards, you may well be right. For some reasons, while Poehling was better in the last game, I eerily saw glimpses of what I see in Vejdemo.

He will have a good career in europe. He's in between.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He's have to be like Bunting last season in Arizona. He is now 26, had 5 career games I believe before last season and ended up playing 21 g scoring 10 goals and 3 assists all of a sudden which got him a contract with Toronto this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad