Prospect Info: Lukas Sutter - ELC, AHL only, or do they let him go?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It seems pretty obvious he won't get an ELC, I would say less than 1%. We have 2-3 guys already playing in the ECHL, you can't have too many players there on ELCs or you burn through contracts and they don't develop. What I'm wondering is will they give him an AHL only contract. I only see this happening if they see him as having more upside than Cormier.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It seems pretty obvious he won't get an ELC, I would say less than 1%. We have 2-3 guys already playing in the ECHL, you can't have too many players there on ELCs or you burn through contracts and they don't develop. What I'm wondering is will they give him an AHL only contract. I only see this happening if they see him as having more upside than Cormier.

My guess is Lukas goes the Zach Yuen route with TNSE.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Something happened between the draft and now with Sutter. I have heard he is very lazy off and on the ice and it shows. His draft year he was busting his ass off all over the ice and it showed with a pretty good year. Then he just fell of the earth. His uncle did a favor and tried to help him this year and from what I have seen and heard from other people he is super lazy on the ice.

It is a shame because if he worked hard at the game on and off the ice he can be a really effective player with a unique toolset. I can't see them wasting a ELC on him right now and the best thing would be to let him go and see if he can mature on his own.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Sayonara. I doubt he gets reselected in the draft. Perhaps he gets an AHL TO. Someone will invite him to prospect camp.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
My guess is Lukas goes the Zach Yuen route with TNSE.

Yeah, that seems about right. And the right decision on the part of TNSE. It'd be nice if all our prospects got ELCs with the team, but Lukas hasn't performed to expectations to this point. TNSE needs to cut ties and hopefully that provides motivation for Sutter to step up.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Had a lucky % year. It happens.

Makes people look better than how they are since you only remember like 10% of events that happen on the ice.

Never thought he was 2nd round type but picks failing is the norm.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Agreed that he likely does not get an ELC. Either an AHL contract, or the Jets move him to another team if that team thinks they can "fix" him sort of thing.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I doubt he gets anything. He's not even going to be an AHL level player at this point.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
HFBoards 2012 Fan Vote:

1) Mark Schefiele
2) Jacob Trouba
3) Ivan Telegin
4) Paul Postma
5) Spencer Machacek
6) Patrice Cormier
7) Carl Klingberg
8) Ed Pasquale
9) Lukas Sutter
10) Adam Lowry
11) Zach Redmond
12) Scott Kosmachuk
13) Zach Yuen
14) Jason Gregoire
15) Ben Maxwell
16) Julian Melchiori
17) Eric O`Dell
18) Cody Sol
19) Austen Brassard
20) Brennan Serville

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I guess I should've made a poll, but no matter it seems everyone is pretty negative about this guy.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
They have a decent amount of room left. Remember players playing in the CHL don't count even if they have contracts.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You can add a poll to this thread. Just edit your original post, and click on 'advanced'.

Yeah I know. Maybe I'll do that.

edit: Won't let me. I guess the poll option has to be clicked originally.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Sure giver. Three choices:

- Sign to ELC
- Sign to AHL only contract
- Let him walk

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
This is survival of the fittest
This is do or die
This is the winner takes it all
So take it all​

Not the fittest and didn't do, so he takes nothing.... bye bye

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I said sign to a AHL contract. I'm sure he's better than SOMEONE there. I hope to see him live next week. Could he sign with the ice caps and play in the ECHL or how does that work?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Agreed that he likely does not get an ELC. Either an AHL contract, or the Jets move him to another team if that team thinks they can "fix" him sort of thing.

I don't think we can move him. Unlikely anyone wants him this season and if he's not signed he goes back into the draft, does he not?

I think Sutter would probably go back to the draft rather than sign a PTO with the Ice Caps unless he feels like that is an opportunity to prove himself worthy of an ELC from the Jets.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Chevy's first high profile bust. A shame really... there were several player drafted after him that would look good in the Jets org, McCabe, Bystrom, Frk... never thought Sutter had enough upside to be drafted in the second round. It's stupid to draft projected 3rd line grinders in the 2nd round

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I don't think we can move him. Unlikely anyone wants him this season and if he's not signed he goes back into the draft, does he not?

I think Sutter would probably go back to the draft rather than sign a PTO with the Ice Caps unless he feels like that is an opportunity to prove himself worthy of an ELC from the Jets.
He could sign a PTO after he goes undrafted, but I am not sure he'd want to stick with the org that kicked him to the curb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad