Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel assigned to Rockford

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I get the push Reichel should of gotten more time.. but did you want Reichel in the net front role on a powerplay ever?

I don't get not thinking things out here 2 layers deep. Raddysh's minutes go to him because other than Folingo there's no body for netfront/bumper role. Reichel would never play that role.

If you wanna complain about who got pp1 time over Reichel, kurashev would count as would Pitlick who got a good try, Beavullier, or Tyler johnson(though sometimes he played the bumper middle spot too) but there's roles involved to actually evaluate.
You think I haven’t mentioned those players multiple times throughout the season? It all comes back to Luke and the coaches not being able to actually do their job, just telling the team to dump and chase and grind harder.

The real tragedy is Dickinson not getting a second of PP1 time. It should have been Bedard, Kurashev, Foligno and him for the season. There’s really no excuse for it. Give Reichel Foligno’s spot on occasion as a test for development.

Raddysh and Tyler Johnson have gotten a ton of PP1 time and they’re gone after this year, why bother at all?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Bedard's development is far too important to saddle him with a guy with all the same weaknesses as the teenage Bedard and who can't produce offense at an NHL level at the moment just for the sake of that guy's own development. Better to give him Reichel + 2 or 3 years (Kurashev) versus a guy who we're not sure will be in the NHL or the DEL in 3 years.

6 months ago Reichel looked like a sure-fire top-6 player and now we're not sure if he's going to be in the DEL in 3 years? He's lost his confidence playing with no one on a bad team in his first full year in the NHL.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Sweet, now Richardson can tell KD get some overpaid 4th liner off of waivers and put him on the pp.

Why now? Let him do the stadium snack tour for most of a month. If Rockford is the answer, we're just watching everyone waste time.

Would Richardson and King clear waivers on the way to Rockford? They should all work together.

Reactions: Pez68

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
About time he was sent down. The whole situation baffles me though. It's like he forgot how to play hockey this year regardless of deployment, playing time, linemates, etc.

Reactions: hawksrule

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Hopefully he goes to Rockford, breathes without having to look over his shoulder every time he makes a mistake and just play hockey. It's time to simplify the game for Lukas. Go to Rockford, have fun, and get back to basics.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It's bad for Stanley and Kelley
I mean were trying to see growth from prospects in this organization so we can be closer to winning a Stanley Cup again. It doesn't matter who took them or who you wanted instead. Once they are Blackhawks prospects you can do the "I told you so" if they don't pan out.. but cheering when they suck is delusional.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I hope he comes back with more stones. Not saying he has to play with grit and hit everybody but for f***s sake, skate to the middle of the ice and drive to the damn net. An 18 year old Bedard has more huevos. It reminds me of watching 5'7 DeBrincat being twice the man (and player) and not playing scared than soft ass Strome.

And this is coming from someone who loves Reichel.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I hope he comes back with more stones. Not saying he has to play with grit and hit everybody but for f***s sake, skate to the middle of the ice and drive to the damn net.
Only thing Reichel is gonna be driving is a bus

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I mean were trying to see growth from prospects in this organization so we can be closer to winning a Stanley Cup again. It doesn't matter who took them or who you wanted instead. Once they are Blackhawks prospects you can do the "I told you so" if they don't pan out.. but cheering when they suck is delusional.
If following generations of Bears QB busts has taught me it's anything, it's that some people care more about being "right" than the success of the team that they follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad